• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Wiru Link

Solitude

Expert Member
Whew they look expensive. They advertise all over the place here by me but I don't know anyone who uses them unfortunately.

labratza

Expert Member
Fennal in Ruimsig uses them. They have good services but you pay for what you get with them. DAM expensive if you ask me but they have good customer service

Nikers

I use Wirulink for about 6 weeks now. 5Mb connection with 1:25 contention (no Bitco coverage).

They are more expensive (R1300 p/m) but so far I am quite happy. During the working day the speed will fluctuate due to contention but rarely below 300KB/s and no throttling on NNTP or P2P traffic.

At night I get mostly full speed. I am not a heavy streaming user (Netflix or Hulu), but my youtube clips play without any issues.

Hush9300

Expert Member
I have nothing but good things to say about Wirulink. Been with them for 5 months on a 10Mbps package and I get full speed regardless of the time of day. It also helps that when I do have issues, which are few and far between, a quick call gets it sorted in no time. Their technicians are available after hours.

This is my typical speed test. A few times when my network is busy I have increased latency but it's never more than 20ms and on average I'd say its sub 10ms.

They are pricey but in my experience you get what you pay for with them.

disiza

I have nothing but good things to say about Wirulink. Been with them for 5 months on a 10Mbps package and I get full speed regardless of the time of day. It also helps that when I do have issues, which are few and far between, a quick call gets it sorted in no time. Their technicians are available after hours.

This is my typical speed test. A few times when my network is busy I have increased latency but it's never more than 20ms and on average I'd say its sub 10ms.

They are pricey but in my experience you get what you pay for with them.
Do you know any of the guys on the forum with the Wirulink service that play Battlefield 4 on Xbox One/PC/PS4, would like to have a chat to one of them,Bitco has got a serious packet reading protocol issue with the BF4, I would like to know how Wiru Link get it right, that's if they are not having issues.

Feedback will be much appreciated

Hush9300

Expert Member
Do you know any of the guys on the forum with the Wirulink service that play Battlefield 4 on Xbox One/PC/PS4, would like to have a chat to one of them,Bitco has got a serious packet reading protocol issue with the BF4, I would like to know how Wiru Link get it right, that's if they are not having issues.

Hi. Unfortunately I am unable to help as I do not game and I'm not in contact with anyone who uses Wirulink.

Packet reading sounds like a shaping issue to me though...

disiza

Hi. Unfortunately I am unable to help as I do not game and I'm not in contact with anyone who uses Wirulink.

Packet reading sounds like a shaping issue to me though...
They seem to know what the problem is however, they don't seem to have the savvy to fix it and they are also dragging there feet.It has been a month now!!

Thanks for the response.:D

1229 kB/s Download KISS MY ASS Joburg sucks

dunkyd

Expert Member
Sticking up illegal signs all over Krugersdorp. Will never use a company that doesn't pay to advertise via normal channels.

Hush9300

Expert Member
ROFLMAO 10 megabits to share with 25 other ROTTEN PEOPLE. for R1999 hahahhaaaahahahahahhahahahahahahahah
I'm on that package and thus far it has been great. Excellent latency and I pretty I can pretty much max out my line when I see fit. I don't torrent or use news servers though so I can't comment on that.

I don't mind the fee because if I hit trouble a call is all that is needed... No matter the time of day.

Prash

Just got off a call with Wiru, spoke to Steven.
Had to post this as his honesty was appreciated.
He explained, they do have coverage in my area, sadly they are experiencing major interference at the relevant high site.
He explained that he could take my money and give me service with loads of headaches, instead he suggested that I waited for a new tower to be commissioned in 7 months and he will ensure that I have the service that I pay for.

Appreciate the honesty Wiru and patiently waiting because of this.

I just want to find out from some of you who have wirulink installed.. Im trying to understand something.. According to the rep if you are on there 2meg/s line you will get a download speed of up to 1.7meg/s.. I can only get max 370kbps download on my telkom 4meg line.. Is this confirmed or a sales pitch and am i understanding this right!? So in line speed there 2meg line compare to a 20meg telkom line?

Grasmuis

I just want to find out from some of you who have wirulink installed.. Im trying to understand something.. According to the rep if you are on there 2meg/s line you will get a download speed of up to 1.7meg/s.. I can only get max 370kbps download on my telkom 4meg line.. Is this confirmed or a sales pitch and am i understanding this right!? So in line speed there 2meg line compare to a 20meg telkom line?
You have a 4 Megabits line from Telkom but windows display the download speed as Megabytes. You need to take the megabits and divide by 8 to get to megabytes. Eg. 4Mbps telkom line is 4096/8 = 512 KBps . 1.7Mbps will give you max download of 212KBps.

rvanwyk

Expert Member
So Wiru released their new pricing. Their uncapped options are better priced than before but they charge an installation fee of R8300.