Woolworths Credit Card

cr@zydude

Executive Member
When they say that you can pay in store, can you pay your Woolworth credit card bill with another credit card? It would be nice to "chain" credit cards to get a longer interest free period.

I don't buy enough stuff to cover a R50pm service fee, I would like a Visa to compliment my Virgin Money Mastercard, but not at this price.

Marsie27

I've had a Gold card for a few years, and my monthly charge is R37. What I get in "cash back" vouchers (4? 5? times a year, the amount depends on what you have spent, with heavy weighting given to WW spending) covers the charges. Mostly it is hassle-free, but I only found out after I had got it that it is an ABSA card, and that has presented challenges on a couple of occasions. I pay my invoice by EFT from my definitely not ABSA bank account.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
I've had a Gold card for a few years, and my monthly charge is R37. What I get in "cash back" vouchers (4? 5? times a year, the amount depends on what you have spent, with heavy weighting given to WW spending) covers the charges. Mostly it is hassle-free, but I only found out after I had got it that it is an ABSA card, and that has presented challenges on a couple of occasions. I pay my invoice by EFT from my definitely not ABSA bank account.
How restricted are the Woolworths vouchers? Is it just Rx off Woolworths purchases or is there some minimum spend?

At 1% back on fuel and 0.75% back on other purchases the Woolworths vouchers could cover my monthly fee.

Also, cost for new gold applicants is R50pm, not R37.

Last edited:

Marsie27

If I don't spend enough to use up the amount on the voucher, they load the balance on to a WW gift card, which I then use to pay for groceries or whatever the next time. I just re-use the same gift card. I vaguely recollect the minimum spend is R10. The WW app works well, money-back and special offers are loaded there, swipe the phone, job done.

phant1m

So a good question was are the vouchers you get back rand value or value off if you spend x amount.

MB00

Hehe and only a handful know the context hehe
Let's keep this thread factual, and not spoonfeed how this account may benefit other cards / accounts etc.

Question: has anyone got the coffee / magazine yet? how exactly does that work?

do you just walk to a ww cafe and ask for it, and pay with wwcc getting the freebie?

MB00

note that wwcc account can be paid at a ww food till too

you don't have to buy anything else - in fact the cashier told me that if you pay the wwcc account and also buy something, they have to process two separate transactions.

MB00

This takes 2-3 days to reflect.

Paid sat reflected tues
Paid mon reflected wed
Paid tues reflected thurs
Paid wed reflected friday
Paid thurs.. probs tomorrow (confirmed in Saturday)...

Remember an EFT will incur interest if you dont have a positive balance, its the same as a cash advance.
Paid WWCC on Friday after 5pm ... it reflected today (Sunday) ... not too bad considering a weekend

electrix

Quick question if I paid my dstv or municipality at ww using my wwcc would it be 3 percent or 1 percent on the black card?

BLACK CREDIT CARD
% back on Woolworths purchases: 3%
% back on purchases outside of Woolworths: 1%
this would be nice to know

ww store card describes it as utility bill payment on the statement
wwcc statement just got store name and a number

maybe its calculated behind the scenes with the proper %?

electrix

wwo.jpg

did a eft to fnb on saturday morning around 8am. eft was in on sunday by 7:35am