Woolworths Credit Card

Marsie27

@Snyper564: I've just looked at my current voucher. It's valid till end May. I don't recollect when it popped up on my app but I think it was early January. The validity times are end Feb, May, Aug and Nov. HTH.

Dubai

Guys I've been on the phone at Woolworths for over and hour hand Absa there's a transfer limit of 5000 or payment limit should I say for the Online Banking of Woolworths the 5000 is a daily limit and cannot be changed
Has anyone else experienced this I cannot change the limit and no no supervisor can help me at Woolworths or at internet banking at Absa

citizensa

I applied online and accidentally ticked insolvency box and now my application declined and locked for a month. Anyone had the same issue and is there any way around?

electrix

Guys I've been on the phone at Woolworths for over and hour hand Absa there's a transfer limit of 5000 or payment limit should I say for the Online Banking of Woolworths the 5000 is a daily limit and cannot be changed
Has anyone else experienced this I cannot change the limit and no no supervisor can help me at Woolworths or at internet banking at Absa
I was advised it is a new account restriction and should be lifted after about 10days

Guess we will havta wait n see

Awesum

Expert Member
I applied online and accidentally ticked insolvency box and now my application declined and locked for a month. Anyone had the same issue and is there any way around?
You will have to call the call centre and do the application that way.

Snyper564

Expert Member
Can officially confirm my limit can pretty much be changed to anything this is after 10 days not 10 working days. :)

Marsie27

Mine is emailed. I generally get it on the 15th-17th of each month. I guess they might spread the issue dates throughout the month. When I first got my card, I had occasional hiccoughs when it didn't arrive and I would have to phone. It is ABCC, after all. After that happened 3 or 4 times I got the issue escalated and have had no issues since then.

Last edited:

bokka1

Expert Member
I don't know when my statement comes as I never look at it. They owe me money, I always have money in the account.

Sly21C

Expert Member
Do people really buy food from Woolworths using their credit card? Do they buy the food because they have no money? Or because their money works for them in some investment vehicles and the interest of paying for the credit card is less than the gains in whatever they invested in?

Speedster

Executive Member
Do people really buy food from Woolworths using their credit card? Do they buy the food because they have no money? Or because their money works for them in some investment vehicles and the interest of paying for the credit card is less than the gains in whatever they invested in?
Is this even a genuine question? I buy everything I can on my card - cash only when there is absolutely no other way.

Awesum

Expert Member
What interest? There is no interest if you settle your balance in 55 days.

I only use my credit card to buy stuff.

Sly21C

Expert Member
Is this even a genuine question? I buy everything I can on my card - cash only when there is absolutely no other way.
Why not use a debit card? Why a credit card?

What interest? There is no interest if you settle your balance in 55 days.

I only use my credit card to buy stuff.
Just trying to understand, why not use a debt card (money you have) instead of a credit card (money you don't have)?

I use my credit card to buy things online because they don't accept debit cards, and I then settle immediately.