Wootware Support

Valaskjalf

Hi guys,

I ordered a pc from Wootware and was delievered 3 weeks ago but this morning I woke up to a black screen with a flickering dash and then after that no screens are picked up.

Called Wootware but obv with Covid they take no calls, but also logged a fault with Support but so far no response - anyone know how on the ball they are with support? Its absolutely critical that I get everything fixed doing work from home and I'm getting apprehensive!

Thanks

moondoggie86

I thought their support service was abysmal as well until I eventually checked my spam mail and saw they responded the same day to my ticket.

Psst...go check your spam box

Valaskjalf

Just got a response from them - hopefully they can send a courier asap to check my PC out, apparently from what they described it's not a GPU issue. Bit miffed that 3 weeks into a new build there's already a big issue, but hopefully they can sort it out super fast.

@moondoggie86 That's the first thing I did while I kept refreshing my gmail waiting their reply haha

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Just got a response from them - hopefully they can send a courier asap to check my PC out, apparently from what they described it's not a GPU issue. Bit miffed that 3 weeks into a new build there's already a big issue, but hopefully they can sort it out super fast.

@moondoggie86 That's the first thing I did while I kept refreshing my gmail waiting their reply haha
Sounds like a simple boot problem, which could be fixed by repairing the boot process.

animehero

Expert Member
Flickering dash?
OP if they haven't collected yet or you havn't packed it all up can you take a vid of what you describe?

joker08

Expert Member
Hi guys,

I ordered a pc from Wootware and was delievered 3 weeks ago but this morning I woke up to a black screen with a flickering dash and then after that no screens are picked up.

Called Wootware but obv with Covid they take no calls, but also logged a fault with Support but so far no response - anyone know how on the ball they are with support? Its absolutely critical that I get everything fixed doing work from home and I'm getting apprehensive!

Thanks
I returned mine on Monday this week.
They are responding quickly over email. When I emailed yesterday they did say there is quite some que for repairs and my pc is waiting its turn, but they did respond quickly over email.
Is this the email you are using support@wootware.co.za ?

Valaskjalf

They are responding quickly over email. When I emailed yesterday they did say there is quite some que for repairs and my pc is waiting its turn, but they did respond quickly over email.
Yes that's it - Very friendly guys as well. Latest I received was that I need to fill out some info for the Courier and what date they need to collect my PC unfortunately didn't get a response to nail down that Monday is fine so hopefully by Monday morning they'll let me know that the pickup-up will happen.

He also told me that there's quite alot of people waiting for repairs so I'll justslot in and hopefully it goes fast. Wonder if alot of those waiting have the 3700x /x570 combo like I do...completely bricked cant even get into BIOS just a total flipping disaster. Wish I read up a bit on the issues before I bought that..:(

Valaskjalf

Flickering dash?
OP if they haven't collected yet or you havn't packed it all up can you take a vid of what you describe?
Yes some funny business happened -A few days ago I switched my PC on and it was freezing before getting into windows, just strange fuzzy coloured lines checkered all over my screen, but on the restart it was okay (thought it's a graphics card issue as I dont have anything special). Then everything was fine, no problems, not slow downs on my pc and it ran like a dream - until yesterday where i got that flickering dash in the left top corner....freaked out and restarted again and then NOTHING.

Just a black screen, my Monitors say it's not getting any power, Case fans and CPU fan and LEDS light up but nothing else. No start-up beep, so not possible to even get into BIOS. Wootware support asked me to clear CMOS and take the mobo battery out (no change), remove ram sticks and alternate them to see if that was the problem (no change), removed SSD and tried to get into BIOS on a restart and still nothing.... I have a 750w Super Flower PSU and only put a GT710 card in while I save up for something better (just needed the HDMI so went real cheap) so it's not like I have a GPU that pulls a lot of power either, but maybe can't get enough power to CPU?

EDIT: Strangely, I dont get any warning lights on my motherboard...nothing lights up when I start my PC apart from those LEDs and fans I mentioned. Does the x570 even have any of those? I cant remember if I ever noticed an orange light on mobo when it's on..

Heck knows what's going on..just know for this to happen to a 3-week old machine is not making me happy. First time I didnt go Intel as well and this happens lol

Last edited:

Quicks

Expert Member
Yes some funny business happened -A few days ago I switched my PC on and it was freezing before getting into windows, just strange fuzzy coloured lines checkered all over my screen, but on the restart it was okay (thought it's a graphics card issue as I dont have anything special). Then everything was fine, no problems, not slow downs on my pc and it ran like a dream - until yesterday where i got that flickering dash in the left top corner....freaked out and restarted again and then NOTHING.

Just a black screen, my Monitors say it's not getting any power, Case fans and CPU fan and LEDS light up but nothing else. No start-up beep, so not possible to even get into BIOS. Wootware support asked me to clear CMOS and take the mobo battery out (no change), remove ram sticks and alternate them to see if that was the problem (no change), removed SSD and tried to get into BIOS on a restart and still nothing.... I have a 750w Super Flower PSU and only put a GT710 card in while I save up for something better (just needed the HDMI so went real cheap) so it's not like I have a GPU that pulls a lot of power either, but maybe can't get enough power to CPU?

EDIT: Strangely, I dont get any warning lights on my motherboard...nothing lights up when I start my PC apart from those LEDs and fans I mentioned. Does the x570 even have any of those? I cant remember if I ever noticed an orange light on mobo when it's on..

Heck knows what's going on..just know for this to happen to a 3-week old machine is not making me happy. First time I didnt go Intel as well and this happens lol
Had something similar was the GPU, update drivers. Happend to me when it wakes up from sleep mode.

Valaskjalf

Had something similar was the GPU, update drivers. Happend to me when it wakes up from sleep mode.
I thought so as well at first but updated all my drivers a week ago and Wootware also suggested it's probably not that...the issues seem way too extreme for just a GPU issue. Graphical issues are one thing but completely fragging my PC into oblivion seems like something more ominous.

ricardo12

PSU could be on the way out.. mine started going a few years back, would boot up normally, play around in windows and the odd game and then it would just start to die.. thought it was my motherboard etc, tried everything.. then put a brand new more powerful PSU in and Bob's your uncle, 100% ever since.

Valaskjalf

PSU could be on the way out.. mine started going a few years back, would boot up normally, play around in windows and the odd game and then it would just start to die.. thought it was my motherboard etc, tried everything.. then put a brand new more powerful PSU in and Bob's your uncle, 100% ever since.
Really hope you're right..brand new but maybe I got a dud. Definitely easier to replace than mobo or cpu.

Valaskjalf

By the way, how long were you in the queue? Have you received your pc back? Trying to figure out a reasonable timeline in which I can expect mine back, hopefully it's not weeks.

joker08

Expert Member
By the way, how long were you in the queue? Have you received your pc back? Trying to figure out a reasonable timeline in which I can expect mine back, hopefully it's not weeks.
My issue was intermittent and they have not been able to replicate the fault at their end. On Wednesday they said I should collect. But then I asked them to check using my drive. I was suppose to get a feedback today. But I guess they will reply on monday now.

BlackStatic

Is wootware less dodgy than Evetech? Thinking of cancelling and refunding with Evetech and going with someone less shady.