Wootware supposed superior service a lie?

What would happen if your PSU can't cope with the load:

bad 3D performance
crashing games
spontaneous reset or imminent shutdown of the PC
freezing during gameplay
PSU overload can cause it to break down

Have you had any of these problems?

I had artefacts followed by the game crashing. The driver then reports it has "encountered a problem" (the balloon at the bottom of the screen).

After that happened the first time I put a wall powered fan to blow on the PC. Didn't crash for a very long time, then suddenly it started again when the heat waves started in CT (card hit ~60 degrees it would crash). Before the heat waves the GPU wouldn't even reach 60 degrees because that wall fan moves so much air.

After that happened a few times it just started crashing no matter what the temperature (eg. broke down).

So it did break down, but if it were the PSU then I'd think it wouldn't have been so influenced by temp of the GPU.

I'm not against changing the PSU, that PSU brand (Seasonic) is just considered the best. Corsair top of the line AX PSUs are all Seasonic PSUs and I doubt you'll find anyone on the forum doubt their quality. The Corsair AX-750 is a Seasonic X750 for example. Mine is the smaller Seasonic X460, same parts as the AX750 it just doesn't have a fan.

Price doesn't equal quality but the PSU did cost R1.4k so I'm not just going to replace it on a whim. Bought it because every review raves about the quality and it even now is silent with no whining and no problems.

Dunno hey, dealt with wootware before and was beyond impressed with them.
Fantastic service with a possible faulty SSD, vertex.
There service was probably the best I have had so far, besides dealing with Esquire.
Same for me, hence the thread.
 
Last edited:
You messing with me Rocket-Boy :p

Didn't overclock. Nor do I ever overclock. I have the cash to buy a better card (eg. GTX 660 TI). I bought the GTX 660 because I deemed my PSU would easily handle it and it would not generate too much heat.

I was playing Skyrim @ 1920 x 1080 with all settings max'd and framerates were out of this world. Overclocking would just be pointless :D

I might have been :D
I hope it gets sorted out though, I have always had good service from wootware but I have never had to return anything so I cant comment on that side.
 
I once had issues with my Asus HD6970 that didn't work with my Dell 3008WFP (30" IPS @ 2560x1600) screen and when I tested it and the screen at Frontosa it actually worked.
When I got back home it didn't work :( So I simply ended up selling it for a very cheap price without ever really using the card.

I've had very good experiences so far with returns with Wootware. Like I've returned a faulty flashdrive, which they tested, refunded and then I bought a different brand and model which still works till this day.
Wootware also once went out of their way to get faulty DDR400 modules swapped for me, even though I didn't buy it from them in the first place!

Returning/testing of graphics cards really sux. Like when I bought 2x Inno3D GTX460's (2 different revisions), I had one with a noisy fan and it took me probably 2 months (not over a festive season) to convince them that I had a faulty fan and I ended up sending back both cards just so that they could have something to compare the faulty one with.
Prophecy Shop collected the graphics cards ta their cost and I then got refunded and replaced the 2 with 2x MSI GTX460 Cyclone OC and they're still going strong :)

It is really shocking to see that these big brand manufacturers can ship faulty factory overclocked graphics cards - especially when it comes to the Nvidia 500 series and newer graphics cards! The most prominent one was probably the Gigabyte GTX560 Ti OC, which was overclocked too far without increasing the voltage enough...

@Gnome:
I hope Wootware sorts you out like they're known to do.
 
A thread like this shows how BRILLIANT wootware is actually
 
There's 2 big issues that I can see that have contributed to this situation. The big first issue is yes, the time involved. I can address the portion of this, over which we had control.

18 December 2012: We were informed that your 2nd replacement card was faulty. Yourself and Chris spoke on the phone, it was agreed that we'd handle the RMA, first thing once we reopened in the new year, since we were closing on the 21st of December. As per email, you indicated that you were fine with this.

7 January 2013 (first day we were in-office): Chris contacted you to arrange for collection of the graphics card. It was confirmed for the 8th of January by yourself

8 January 2013: Collection was attempted, but there was an issue at the reception desk and the driver couldn't wait

9 January 2013: Collection completed

10 January 2013: RMA received by us

11 January 2013:RMA tested by us and dispatched to supplier

Weekend: Neither ourselves, nor our suppliers are open for business over the weekend. Neither do our couriers deliver on non-business days

14 January 2013: Tested faulty at supplier and credited

Within 3 business days of us having the card, resolution was reached. I didn't need to be involved for this outcome to be reached either, our supplier confirmed the credit on Monday afternoon within a few hours of your original post. Again, I know this doesn't make things any better for you, since there was the period in which both ourselves and our suppliers were closed and it was your 2nd RMA for this card. The circumstances are unfortunate, since they exacerbated the wait that you had to experience in order to get the RMA resolved.

The 2nd issue may have been one of communication. The only other thing that I would've said, is that you could've logged a complaint earlier and made explicit what you wanted us to do or to have contacted me directly. I did see an earlier email where you mentioned that you wanted the process expedited. At the same time, my colleagues have to follow proper procedure as well. Chris followed protocol and did everything as swiftly as he could've. He kept in contact with yourself, during the whole process. I do believe that given the circumstances, we did handle everything promptly and that Chris did give your RMA the attention that it deserves.

When he received it Friday, he told me that he would send it to his supplier. I never said I was ok with that. I never responded to that email because I found it quite annoying, but I decided to accommodate Wootware and left it with no response. (This was 1 week after you had opened already)

I would've preferred it if you'd rather made an explicit complaint then even, rather than keeping quiet about it. It's worse for both parties if we have to deal with complaints retroactively, rather than proactively. The first that I knew that there was an issue here, was when you emailed us to mention that you posted this thread, just after Chris mentioned that the RMA would be resolved within the following business day.

In the absence of a complaint and a suggested action, there's nothing that we can do, simply because we won't know about the issue. Again, I'm sorry that your card did fail twice and that there was a long wait because of the festive period, that's an exceptional circumstance. At the same time, if you'd communicated to us exactly how you wanted us to make things right in your eyes, I can guarantee you that we would've done our best to accommodate, wherever possible.
 
@Ratwiz:

Then why did Chris email me and tell me then that he would let me know today at lunch if we can credit?

Even after I specifically asked, why should I wait another day?

That was the last communication I received from Wootware before I posted that complaint here. That I would wait until today lunch for the supplier to ok the exchange.
 
Last edited:
I have received much better service from Wootware compared to Rebeltech.

I've been waiting for 2 days now for a reply from Rebeltech after I sent them a Proof of Payment for a mobo.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X