Xbox One SA launch guide

Ocali

Expert Member
my buddy already has 1... all i can say is wow, its brilliant...

SUPERMAN89

Expert Member
Once again myBB failed to pick the best deals in South Africa. I'm going pick mine up from Toys r us for R5999.90. They also told me they have 10% off all games and accessories till the end of the month. I can actually use the R300 to buy something worth while after pay day....time to give the 360 a rest and hello my gaming vrc

Edit : just checked the bundle does include Fifa and forza...

Last edited:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
The BT Games deal looks pretty awesome. R6799 (R6299+R300+R200) for the console, two controllers, FIFA 15, Forza 5 and any other game of your choice.

AthenianOwl

Executive Member
Why would anyone want to buy Xbone? PS4's cheaper and infinitely better than Xbone. Oh right, you can't use logic with Xbone fans.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Why would anyone want to buy Xbone? PS4's cheaper and infinitely better than Xbone. Oh right, you can't use logic with Xbone fans.
I'm more inclined towards the PS4 because of Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream games, but there's nothing wrong with preferring the Xbone. What if you want to play Halo, Forza and/or Gears of War?

The PS4 isn't cheaper btw. The consoles are exactly the same price.

])ragon_\/oid

Expert Member
Why would anyone want to buy either a Xbone or PS4? PC is just so much better all around. More expensive, yes. Still better though.

DominionZA

Executive Member
])ragon_\/oid;13586566 said:
Why would anyone want to buy either a Xbone or PS4? PC is just so much better all around. More expensive, yes. Still better though.
Subjective.
I moved off PC gaming when MW2 was released. I spend my day and half my night working on a PC. Sitting at a desk does not feel like gaming.
Cinema recliner seats looking at a 120" FHD screen - now THAT feels like gaming.
I setup a dedicated gaming PC in my game room a few years back but the wireless mouse/keyboard was awkward to use with recliners. Mulling over building a steam box and using an XBox controller though. That will be more like it.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
People like me play the odd game every now and again and I'll pick the one that suits my gaming + media + eco system the best.

At the moment though the PS3 is working just fine.

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Only thing the XBox One has going for against the PS4 is that it can actually play DNLA content - or? Everything else is pretty much the same.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
my xbox can use external storage, run a plex server( coming soon) , plays mkv's from network or external drive , can ps4 do that? :p

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
my xbox can use external storage, run a plex server( coming soon) , plays mkv's from network or external drive , can ps4 do that? :p
The Xbone and PS4 are new pieces of hardware, so how did you manage your media before now? I've had set-top boxes capable of streaming any popular service and playing media on an external drive or network location for years. If I buy a PS4 or Xbone, it will be to play games.