XBox Series S Heat

Iamn0tageek

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2021
Messages
963
Reaction score
1,018
Hi,

Hope this is in the correct category.

I'm in a room with ventilation and a normal 30cm fan. I wanted to know, the XBox Series S can withstand heat while gaming right?

It's positioned so that there is very good airflow. On an open desk not in a cupboard or something. The room gets to about between 30 - 33 degrees I rate. Am I correct if I assume the XBox can go up to 60 degrees celcius under load & be fine?

XBox can handle that right? Friggen Summer pisses me off for gaming.
 
Hi,

Hope this is in the correct category.

I'm in a room with ventilation and a normal 30cm fan. I wanted to know, the XBox Series S can withstand heat while gaming right?

It's positioned so that there is very good airflow. On an open desk not in a cupboard or something. The room gets to about between 30 - 33 degrees I rate. Am I correct if I assume the XBox can go up to 60 degrees celcius under load & be fine?

XBox can handle that right? Friggen Summer pisses me off for gaming.
The Series S will be fine, I've had my Xbox Series X go through summer last year and we had some scorchers :-)
 
It will be fine as long as there is ventilation.

My Series X is in an enclosed cabinet, and only gets ventilation when the door is open. I let it cool down for about 5 minutes after playing before closing the door. It still runs fine...
 
Yup, it will be perfectly fine. These things are designed to work in all sorts of environments, as long as the vents aren't blocked. Just try to put it in the most ideal place you have available.
 
Most of these type of electronics only get unhappy at 90 to 100 degrees.
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X