Xbox Series X / S


We’re thrilled to announce that Toys for Bob is spinning off as an independent game development studio!


Over the years, we've inspired love, joy, and laughter for the inner child in all gamers. We pioneered new IP and hardware technologies in Skylanders. We raised the bar for best-in-class remasters in Spyro Reignited Trilogy. We’ve taken Crash Bandicoot to innovative, critically acclaimed new heights.


With the same enthusiasm and passion, we believe that now is the time to take the studio and our future games to the next level. This opportunity allows us to return to our roots of being a small and nimble studio.


To make this news even more exciting, we’re exploring a possible partnership between our new studio and Microsoft. And while we’re in the early days of developing our next new game and a ways away from making any announcements, our team is excited to develop new stories, new characters, and new gameplay experiences.


Our friends at Activision and Microsoft have been extremely supportive of our new direction and we’re confident that we will continue to work closely together as part of our future.


So, keep your horns on and your eyes out for more news. Thank you to our community of players for always supporting us through our journey. We can't wait to share updates on our new adventure as an indie studio!


Talk to you soon!
 
Wow this is a damn good deal today

1709705821319.png
 
Started dead island 2 last night.
So far its a fun game, fairly immersive world.
Hopefully I can find time to get into the world properly.
My peeve at the moment fairly early in the game is that my weapons are not durable enough.
Twice I've gotten to harder zombie and only have an entry level weapon.
Same here, enjoying it. Mindless zombie bashing fun.
 
Hi. Brought the series X last week on the Takealot sale. Was looking at 2nd hand but this was just too good to pass up.

Anyway, looking for some sonic games for the kid and Frontiers looks good, but it is over R1000k on Xbox store. Are the other stores like G2A ok to use for Xbox titles? What do you guys use to buy games that are not on game pass (I have that as well).
 
Hi. Brought the series X last week on the Takealot sale. Was looking at 2nd hand but this was just too good to pass up.

Anyway, looking for some sonic games for the kid and Frontiers looks good, but it is over R1000k on Xbox store. Are the other stores like G2A ok to use for Xbox titles? What do you guys use to buy games that are not on game pass (I have that as well).

Buy the UK digital code.

Visit https://redeem.microsoft.com/ with the a free vpn on of the digial code you bought. Login to your xbox account. Redeem it. Once redeemed you can go on the xbox without any vpn on and install it.
 
Buy the UK digital code.

Visit https://redeem.microsoft.com/ with the a free vpn on of the digial code you bought. Login to your xbox account. Redeem it. Once redeemed you can go on the xbox without any vpn on and install it.

I would not advise that.

I have US games that I own and that I use to able to play but since sometime last year they stopped working. Keep on saying I don't have a valid license.

I can install it via the Website to my Xbox just fine, I just cant launch it once installed. Keeps on going to market place where I can buy SA versions.

I did that for some but games like
Midway Arcade, Oblivion and Lego Batman don't even allow me to buy them on SA store:

Edit: Ok now I cant even install them via the web anymore either :(
1710083878884.png1710083901360.png

And I know it use to work as my wife played it back in 2021
 
Last edited:
Hi. Brought the series X last week on the Takealot sale. Was looking at 2nd hand but this was just too good to pass up.

Anyway, looking for some sonic games for the kid and Frontiers looks good, but it is over R1000k on Xbox store. Are the other stores like G2A ok to use for Xbox titles? What do you guys use to buy games that are not on game pass (I have that as well).

You can add it on Dekudeals watchlist to contact you when there's a sale, seems like it happens often:

1710084282678.png


Just set your preff to Xbox as it defaults to Switch normally.
 
You can add it on Dekudeals watchlist to contact you when there's a sale, seems like it happens often:

View attachment 1673687


Just set your preff to Xbox as it defaults to Switch normally.
Cool, will do that thanks. That sale price looks good.
 
You can add it on Dekudeals watchlist to contact you when there's a sale, seems like it happens often:

View attachment 1673687


Just set your preff to Xbox as it defaults to Switch normally.

Another option is XBDeals.net

Also has an App which I’m not sure if Dekudeals does.
 
I would not advise that.

I have US games that I own and that I use to able to play but since sometime last year they stopped working. Keep on saying I don't have a valid license.

I can install it via the Website to my Xbox just fine, I just cant launch it once installed. Keeps on going to market place where I can buy SA versions.

I did that for some but games like
Midway Arcade, Oblivion and Lego Batman don't even allow me to buy them on SA store:

Edit: Ok now I cant even install them via the web anymore either :(
View attachment 1673679View attachment 1673681

And I know it use to work as my wife played it back in 2021

Likely a version not available on the SA store.

Just change your consoles country and then reboot and install them.

Xbox Live accounts are region-free, it’s only what you set the console to that matters.

Don’t need a VPN either if it’s all done on the console. That’s only an issue to spoof the websites.
 

Nice I see there is an iOS one as well.

Will check it out but usually I find local support lacking a bit on others.

Kind of torn as I like dedicated apps for each platform but at the same time seeing it all in one place is also great.

Nintendo Switch is normally the problem child so this looks good.
 
Likely a version not available on the SA store.

Just change your consoles country and then reboot and install them.

Xbox Live accounts are region-free, it’s only what you set the console to that matters.

Don’t need a VPN either if it’s all done on the console. That’s only an issue to spoof the websites.

Bad Idea as it will change the pricing for normal store. So cant keep it like that and the moment you back to SA region the US game refuses to launch. Saying you don't have a valid License.

Note this use to work till sometime last year, only noticed it in December when I noticed some of my US and NZ games stopped working.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X