Xbox Streaming app (Xcloud)

nukman5000

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone in SA who wants information on whether xcloud works locally and the answer is YES it does but there's a catch. You have to use a vpn. Xbox currently has a special were u pay R15 for the Game Pass Ultimate subscription and get an extra 2 months free. I did that and voila, had access to hundreds of games. I use a ps4 controller and it works perfect plus I'm on a 20Mbps package and there's absolutely no lag. Only game missing on the xcloud mobile is fifa

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone in SA who wants information on whether xcloud works locally and the answer is YES it does but there's a catch. You have to use a vpn. Xbox currently has a special were u pay R15 for the Game Pass Ultimate subscription and get an extra 2 months free. I did that and voila, had access to hundreds of games. I use a ps4 controller and it works perfect plus I'm on a 20Mbps package and there's absolutely no lag. Only game missing on the xcloud mobile is fifa
Until ms starts bitching about your location spoofing

nukman5000

I don't think they'll do that. We are in a way helping them test the performance of the platform and remember, consoles are still a "luxury item" in africa so cloud gaming will definitely open up new opportunities for ms.

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
I don't think they'll do that. We are in a way helping them test the performance of the platform and remember, consoles are still a "luxury item" in africa so cloud gaming will definitely open up new opportunities for ms.
Added xbgp app to my nvidia shield for testing...

nukman5000

Doesn't have to be a measurement.
Just your experience with playing games.
Any lag or stuttering and how bad?
I've been playing madden, PES21, streets of rage 4 and gears. All games played smoothly except for Gears. It was laggy. Graphics kept refreshing.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member

Dont think they will... in fact we where on tract to get local Xcloud last year... then COVID happened. :(

Already have azure data in CPT & JHB so not much to add in form of hardware to get it up and running.
You know about the Special deal where you can convert Gold Live 2 Gamepass Ultimate? (Full thread on this over here) Currently have 3 years worth of GP ultimate that only cost me R1900 (Normal Price would have been R5400)

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
Dont think they will... in fact we where on tract to get local Xcloud last year... then COVID happened. :(

Already have azure data in CPT & JHB so not much to add in form of hardware to get it up and running.

You know about the Special deal where you can convert Gold Live 2 Gamepass Ultimate? (Full thread on this over here) Currently have 3 years worth of GP ultimate that only cost me R1900 (Normal Price would have been R5400)
Same amount of stutter via gforcenow, destiny 2 and expresvpn on us.