Xbox Twitch live stream

Aubrey Smith

I have Noticed i am not able to stream at 480p and higher on my xbox console, if from South Africa, Gauteng.

Well we just got fibre 20 up and down (i know the basic)
But its just to get used to it, now i want to be stream on twitch withou using my terrible(laptop) that makes my stream laggy,
But i am not bale to stream at higher quality, even tho i have a bitrate caple of going to 2000 even when i set bitrate to 3500 my stream cuts of here and there.
When i place auto it even says the recommendend is 360
What shoul i do

buyeye

Executive Member
If you mean live capturing your game play for other people to watch on twitch.tv. then it might be your graphics card that is not able to handle anything higher.

If you mean you can't watch other people's streams at higher resolution then i have no idea.

VoodooBean

I could be wrong, but check your NAT settings on your xbox

It's under internet connection or somewhere there, I think you test your internet connection and it tells you your NAT type. From past experience I have many problems with the NAT settings on consoles when playing games online or anything to do with that :)

My NAT setting were strict, which meant I had very limited online capabilities when gaming on Live ( Couldn't hear anyone/ kept getting dropped or couldn't connect to games + viewing youtube and watching videos and stream where in low low quality ) My friend who was more tech savvy than me kind of fixed it which sorted all the online problems.

Anyways hope you come right.

DYreX146

I'm guessing that Xbox has set encoding presets tied to whatever bitrate you can handle, so at 2000 bitrate it would recommend 360p for example.

The problem is that the closest Twitch servers are located in London with 150ms+ ping. Twitch uses TCP for it's content which doesn't scale properly at high latencies on Windows, and I suspect that Xbox's OS suffers from the same problem.

This is why you are only able to reach a bitrate of 2Mbps despite having 20Mbps upload. On Windows we are able to get around this by either using a relay server in our broadcasting software or by using a tool called TCP Optimizer, allowing you to stream at up to 8000 bitrate if you want.

I'm not sure how you would get around this on Xbox unless it has the option to stream to a custom server.