Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

Please can I ask what's your line speed and the router that you are using?

Are you using a static IP address?

Trying to figure out if I should return mine for a refund or exchange

Sure, I'm using Rain LTE with the B618 router, I think on 5GHz. No static IP.
 
No WIFi issues at all...

I never had WIFI issues, i use Tenda Dual Smart Router, always connect to 5Ghz , and all the other issues reported i never had them, I bought mine in March 2018, the Oreo update was seamless and it has been since then, nothing changed except the interface
 
Apple TV definitely has the edge here. My primary reason for this box was the USB port, allowing stuff like mouse/keyboard, USB thumb drives & HDDs. In particular if you have some form of video on a USB device you can play it on this box vs Apple TV that requires not only a Mac/PC running iTunes, but it also requires it to be in a specific format.

ITunes not appreciated here ...
 
I never had WIFI issues, i use Tenda Dual Smart Router, always connect to 5Ghz , and all the other issues reported i never had them, I bought mine in March 2018, the Oreo update was seamless and it has been since then, nothing changed except the interface
Almost all the the Wi-Fi issues I've read about people were using 2.4GHz, if you have a modern 5GHz AC router you seem to be good for the most part.
 
Is it safe to say that if I am only on WiFi and experience buffering while streaming, it could either be that I do not have a dual band router, ie 5gHz or that I am not using Ethernet?

Trying to figure out why this time of night streaming is slow on a 20mb Fibre line, my wife stream quite a lot during the day, as she is on maternity leave, and no issues, but seems like at night, with more users coming on, it is a problem.

Any ideas?
 
Hey I got the following on takealot

Check this out on takealot.com, https://www.takealot.com/usb-type-c-...h/PLID43034522

Check this out on takealot.com, https://www.takealot.com/ce-link-usb...r/PLID49182958

Initially nothing popped up ,still just showed WiFi
But went into developer options and switched off usb debugging ,
Did a update to my box,
It restarted and it picked up the Ethernet port.

Currently getting my full speed on my fiber line(although the it’s only a 20mb line)
With WiFi at 2ghz I only got like 5-6mb

My router is to far to use the 5ghz signal
Hope it helps

When you say you did an update, do you mean update to Oreo?
 
So I'm fed up with how buggy this device is. Decided to return the second one for a refund. Going to stick with my pc after all. Cannot deal with a product that has so much bugs in their software, after all,it was intended to make life easier. Can only imagine the issues arising from their future releases.
 
I've been struggling all night to backup something onto an external hard drive with es file explorer . I keep getting an error. Why can't I write to the external hard drive? This is so dumb. Please help.
 
I've been struggling all night to backup something onto an external hard drive with es file explorer . I keep getting an error. Why can't I write to the external hard drive? This is so dumb. Please help.
What file system does the external use?
 
Problem with this thread is, people are on numerous differing software versions, hardware, and internet connections, etc. So value is diluted somewhat. :(
 
I had updated to Oreo.
I was on 2.4GHz previously. The disconnects were very often.
Switched to a 5GHz compatible router. WiFi stability improved, but not to the point were it's totally not still a bit of an issue.
Hopefully the next official OTA update improves things further.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X