Your best cheap shots

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
A good picture is a good picture any way you look at it - but how you take a good picture is just as important as the picture itself. Its really not that hard to take excellent pictures if the camera you use places little or no restrictions on what you can do.

This thread is where you can showcase your true skill and creativity when it comes to taking pictures with very cheap cameras and integrated multifunctional devices like phones/pdas.

To start off, some picture I took with a Nokia 5000. The phone cost R980 at the time and is fixed focus, 1.3megapixel, does heavy compression due to limited 11mb storage space.

Just_Ice

Executive Member
Does the Sony W55 fall into cheap? If so I can post all my shots in here

Just_Ice

Executive Member
Happy Roux? :) Not bad, I must say! I do have one more to upload, but it will have to wait

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Wow ! You are a bit more skilled with the 5130 than me it seems... Excellent work for a cheap cam :p

I hope we will see some of the "pros" showing us just how skillful they are when it comes to using cheap cams.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Just for the sake of it a four shot pano stitched together and cropped on the phone*. Any other adjustments were done in flickr.

* you can clearly see where I stuffed up the cropping :eek:

Last edited:

ldmelsa

Executive Member
That's amazing night stuff for a phone. I turn around, and now phones can take photos. :D

No I have not. I would love to, though.
BTW That shot is from 1999. :)

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Strange to think that consumer digital cameras only started to take off a decade ago... Nice shot for a 10 years old photo.

I think my first digital shots were done in December 2000 when I bought the worst digital camera ever - a HP PhotoSmart 215c. Dammit that think was crap, it was not a skill it take good pictures with it because it was impossible for the batteries to last that long.

ldmelsa

Executive Member
The E700 was crap too. Fully automatic. Can you believe it? It was not mine. It belonged to the company that my dad worked for.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord

From a DV-182 (Sunplus Spca533) camera that I got on ebay (Hong Kong) for about R500 3 years ago.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Yep - that looks a bit like the work of PanoMan for S60 Symbian.
Nice work !

Drake2007

Expert Member
It's the standard camera software on the phone. Don't see anything about PanoMan, this another phone app?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Yeah - on the Nseries you need to use PanoMan to make panoramas on the camera. I don't think that even the new N86 8MP does panoramas from the camera.