Your Raspberry Pi Projects

bar1

Expert Member
Oh yes, didn't think about that. Facepalm

EDIT: Setup Grafana last night to pull in some local Rpi stats. I only installed it yesterday afternoon so I'm still figuring it out, but I'd like to try and pull network traffic stats using SNMP when I have the time again.

EDIT EDIT: I think the most elegant solution for me would to just get rid of the Gizzu and replace it with one of those Ratel 860P's when they are back in stock. They have double the capacity vs what I have right now (16.6Ah vs 8.8Ah) and they have dedicated USB ports on the actual unit, so I can drive 5VDC/9VDC/12VDC, 5V USB and 24V PoE from one elegant unit.

I guess the SO is getting the power bank after all :)
Did you ever try the Ratel 860P with the pi 4?

PhireSide

Executive Member
Did you ever try the Ratel 860P with the pi 4?
I have a Pi 3B+ but nope, ended up selling the Gizzu and bought an inverter that powers my whole study instead of a smaller UPS with only select things powered.

bar1

Expert Member
So i decided to finally set up my home automation server, on the pi 4, using home assistant.
I managed to set up almost all of my devices, except my aqara light bulbs (connected to aqara hub).

on the HA forums people have successfully added it using: zigbee-mqtt , but they dont really explain how.

never played with mqtt so i now will be a good time to get started.....

did anyone try to do that or have any idea how?
i installed mosquito mqtt but thats as far as i got....also , and this might be a very stupid question....
do i need a zigbee adapter (CC2531 USB stick)?

F1 Fan

Expert Member
What type of SSD do you suggest buying for the Pi 4b?

Anyone here manage to boot using the SSD?

Concentric

So i decided to finally set up my home automation server, on the pi 4, using home assistant.
I managed to set up almost all of my devices, except my aqara light bulbs (connected to aqara hub).

on the HA forums people have successfully added it using: zigbee-mqtt , but they dont really explain how.

never played with mqtt so i now will be a good time to get started.....

did anyone try to do that or have any idea how?
i installed mosquito mqtt but thats as far as i got....also , and this might be a very stupid question....
do i need a zigbee adapter (CC2531 USB stick)?
I have recently set up z2mqtt.
You need a CC2531 stick and an Arduino or esp8266 to flash it.
Works like a charm but range is quite limited if your house is large.
Lmk if you want more info.

bar1

Expert Member
I have recently set up z2mqtt.
You need a CC2531 stick and an Arduino or esp8266 to flash it.
Works like a charm but range is quite limited if your house is large.
Lmk if you want more info.
Where did you get the adaptor from?
For now, I decided to get other, more compatible lights

Stuey74

Been following this thread for quite a while. Here is the current status of my projects, it does change every now and then:

Pi Zero W - Portable motioneye OS, on a battery bank. Kids strap it to their remote control cars every now and then
Pi Zero W with PiTFT 2.8" touch screen - nothing at the moment - has been a media player in the past
Pi Zero W - nothing at the moment
Pi Model B - nothing at the moment
Pi 2 - CCTV with motioneyeos
Pi 3B - 7" touch screen and case running Raspbian
Pi 3B - Booting from external 500GB HDD and running Home Assistant. Learning how to use HA, so far integrated the 2 CCTV camera feeds. Next up to get the Sonoffs integrated
Pi 3B - Qbittorrent server on Raspbian, with 2 external HDD's for storage
Pi 3B+ - Picade hat and console
Pi 4B 4GB - Libreelec/Kodi with Netflix and F1 TV
Pi 4B 8GB - Playing around with a desktop and 10" touch screen

Zuner

Expert Member
Been following this thread for quite a while. Here is the current status of my projects, it does change every now and then:

Pi Zero W - Portable motioneye OS, on a battery bank. Kids strap it to their remote control cars every now and then
Pi Zero W with PiTFT 2.8" touch screen - nothing at the moment - has been a media player in the past
Pi Zero W - nothing at the moment
Pi Model B - nothing at the moment
Pi 3B - 7" touch screen and case running Raspbian
Pi 3B - Booting from external 500GB HDD and running Home Assistant. Learning how to use HA, so far integrated the 2 CCTV camera feeds. Next up to get the Sonoffs integrated
Pi 3B - Qbittorrent server on Raspbian, with 2 external HDD's for storage
Pi 3B+ - Picade hat and console
Pi 4B 4GB - Libreelec/Kodi with Netflix and F1 TV
Pi 4B 8GB - Playing around with a desktop and 10" touch screen
Wow, and here i am with only a Pi Zero W running pihole