Zimbabwe votes in first post Mugabe election

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I'm reading that the ''irregularity'' Elmar Bok (EU observer) witnessed was Zanu PF transporting voters in to areas they were not registered to vote in.

"In some cases, it (the voting) works very smoothly," commented Elmar Brok, the head of the EU observer team. "But in others, we see that it's totally disorganised and that people become angry, that people leave."

But worse still, Mr Brok was alarmed to note that the ruling party delivered 100 people by bus to vote in a district where they didn't live. The observer team is now going to check whether this was a single example or part of a pattern "which might have influence on the result of the elections".

This is the site, but I cannot confirm its veracity.

Yup, in rural constituencies, apparently Zanu PF stacked up unrealistically large margins. The guy said on eNCA that in one constituency, 35000 votes for ZANU PF, 2000 for MDC.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I think the opposition has scored a spectacular own goal here.

Priapus

Executive Member
I'd also protest after the election was once again stolen for like the 4th time in a row.

A work colleague of mine, who is Zim said this morning, people were going to die because if these elections. I guess he was not wrong. Sad reality. :(

rietrot

Honorary Master
A work colleague of mine, who is Zim said this morning, people were going to die because if these elections. I guess he was not wrong. Sad reality. :(
Just a matter of how far they go, does the Zimbos have the balls to go full revolutionary.

Priapus

Executive Member
Just a matter of how far they go, does the Zimbos have the balls to go full revolutionary.

I think they might this time. The general sentiment is worse than ever during this period for Zim.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I think they might this time. The general sentiment is worse than ever during this period for Zim.

Yeah.....

Have loose family connections in Zim and there are big worries its going to spiral badly.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Zimbabwe election: Zanu-PF has most seats, incomplete results show
However, Douglas Mwonzora, a top MDC Alliance official, told the BBC's Andrew Harding that the endorsement on Sunday of their candidate by Mr Mugabe had cost the party votes. He also alleged that the ruling party had bribed voters in rural areas

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-45028878
03e58b23f66c436938168f5b50fc5bf4.jpg
da90270ac93ad7a5d2de87aa894bda4a.jpg

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I'd also protest after the election was once again stolen for like the 4th time in a row.

You can do a lot of things when you are aggrieved, having the wisdom to identify what will help your cause and what will harm it is the difference.

TheChamp

Honorary Master

You mean MDC Zimbabweans? A revolution can only happen if the people of Zimbabwe are unhappy, it looks to me like it is the opposition so far, unless the belief is that no one supports Zanu PF?

rietrot

Honorary Master
You mean MDC Zimbabweans? A revolution can only happen if the people of Zimbabwe are unhappy, it looks to me like it is the opposition so far, unless the belief is that no one supports Zanu PF?
Yes them. It only takes a small amount of people to start something. 80% of people are sheep they don't matter.