Zionists say SA hypocritical

kilo39

Executive Member
Hamas 'implicitly accepts Israel' Tues, 27 June 06

Then 2 israeli soldiers were kidnapped by some obscure group no one has heard of before. As a terrorist state with no standing army this kidnapping could be rightfully construed as "prisoners of war".

I have no problem labelling israelis nazis in the killing of children, journalists, random passers-by and the wanton destruction of cities, suburbs and homes while they impose their gulag of starvation on the palestinians.

Count the deaths. See whose kiddies have paid the greater price: there be the jackboot.

(heard in the last 24 hours, hamas rejects Israel categorically but can find no news reference.)

SuperAntMD

Expert Member
That's probably a pipe dream; but the point I'm trying to make is that Jews want Jerusalem because of its religious heritage. It's not fair to then deny the same desire of the Palestinian Muslims when it mirrors the Jewish one.
Im sure what im about to say is controversial but my understanding of the situation places Jerusalem further down on the list of important places for Muslims then it does for Jews. It seems to me that the "desire of the Palestinians" doesn't really mirror that of the Israeli's. Although I do understand what you mean. Israel has already given up areas of lesser spiritual importance to the Palestinians (eg. Hebron). Probably not really comparable, but interesting.

But then why does it sabotage and ignore moves towards peace? As I said, Hamas was willing to extend a hudna which is an unprecedented event. The Arab League has also offered Israel a peace treaty in which its right to exist is recognised - so why does it ignore these things?
Because they all call for Israel to withdraw to the 1967 borders and give back Jerusalem.

I have no problem labelling israelis nazis in the killing of children, journalists, random passers-by and the wanton destruction of cities, suburbs and homes while they impose their gulag of starvation on the palestinians.

Count the deaths. See whose kiddies have paid the greater price: there be the jackboot.
By the same logic the allies were just as bad when they bombed Germany? The side with more deaths doesn't automatically make them the victims. That is ridiculous, by the same token anyone who ever won a war ever would be considered the aggressor and the greater evil.

Xarog

Honorary Master
Because they all call for Israel to withdraw to the 1967 borders and give back Jerusalem.
As far as I'm aware, nobody thinks a 2 state solution is viable without Israel withdrawing to the 1967 borders.

And isn't giving Jerusalem back in this sense actually mean sharing it?

kilo39

Executive Member
By the same logic the allies were just as bad when they bombed Germany? The side with more deaths doesn't automatically make them the victims. That is ridiculous, by the same token anyone who ever won a war ever would be considered the aggressor and the greater evil.
Great rebuttal SuperAntMD, and that's the difference; those wars were won (and the victors got to write the history.) Not the case here; here it is still being written, and I, as a spectator get to decide my own conscience who appears the aggressor and greater bully.

In turn, I would never expect Israel to withdraw to 67 borders.

No solution.

nivek

Executive Member
There will never be peace, there are too many Islamic groups with their own agendas.. If Israel withdraws its borders, Hamas might be satisfied, but Islamic Jihad wont, and will carry on firing Iranian sponsored rockets into Israel from their newly acquired territory, Israel will recapture the territory, and the whole process will start again..

If Islamic Jihad get satisfied, another group of terrorists will pop up..

Look at the bigger picture, it's not about Jerusalem, or Palestinian suffering, Its about spreading Islam and its about a Jewish state sitting in the Middle East.