Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Degrading Telkom LTE Uncapped speeds

Angry Degrading Telkom LTE Uncapped speeds

I've been using Telkom Uncapped LTE for about a month now and I've been pretty impressed with the speeds that I have been getting.

However for the past 3 nights (1 - 3 February) the speeds have been dropping from an average of 30mbps during the day, to 2mbps between 7pm to 10pm.

Plenty of users have complained about this exact issue and nobody has said a word.

Could either of the Telkom reps please chime in here and let us know what is going on.

The most reliable connection out there

Your bandwidth won't fluctuate, your Skype calls won’t drop and you won't lose signal. That's why we're voted the Best Wireless Broadband Service in SA.
    If you are experiencing the same problem, please comment so that we can draw more attention to it.
    Last edited by 418; 03-02-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Yep, noticing the same thing - my speed have def come down since i joined at the end of December. Speed tests not too bad - but downloads are not nearly at the speeds they should be at.

I use testmy.net for real speed tests to the UK and it shows I have an average download speed overall of about 4-5Mb/s, but international downloads ( http ) come down at around 1Mb/s speeds and slower.....

Is this the futurehood product? What area are you in? I am waiting for delivery of mine and this BS from Telkom is exactly what I am worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by darrencon View Post
    Is this the futurehood product? What area are you in? I am waiting for delivery of mine and this BS from Telkom is exactly what I am worried about.
    Johannesburg, Linksfield.

I've heard of users in other parts of Gauteng and Cape Town being affected by the same issue, leading me to believe this is a capacity issue.

Same thing my side.

Been having it since early Jan. Thought I had fallen into the throttling period?

Durban, Kingsburgh

Same thing over the last 3 nights. During the day I average around 40mb dl, but between 8pm and 10pm it goes down to 2mb dl.

Funny enough the upload stays constant at around 5-6mb

Im in PE, same thing - during the day it seems OK, but in the evening during their supposedly "peak" time - LOL - speeds go down - I dont see speeds as bad as the other guys, but its much worse.

Strange thing though - Speedtests shows speed to be fine - although I dont fully trust these things either. I judge on actual downloads.

Upload also fine throughout the day - just download speeds that sufferss.

This all smacks of throttling to me....

Cheers !

I think it's Telkom LTE network as a whole I am on 100gb capped and my speed has dropped from 80mb to 30mb or less since December and at times even 15mb until I restart the router

Is it capacity or throttling?

For most it has been from 1 Feb

Where is the Telkom rep?

Quote Originally Posted by turisimo View Post
    Where is the Telkom rep?
    Hiding away.....

BTW have you reported this to Telkom so they can investigate?

Is this for any type of usage or P2P download?

I am considering the product, and things like this is worrying. Especially being on a 24-month contract. If I can stream without issues on 2 devices / tvs from 7pm to 10pm then I will be happy.

We need to start collecting data on the areas that this happens. I know of three people on this and they never have this issue. Would be nice to try and pinpoint the bad areas, and maybe feed that back to Telkom via the rep here?

Quote Originally Posted by darrencon View Post
    BTW have you reported this to Telkom so they can investigate?
    Twitter, Call Centre

Quote Originally Posted by Badprop_za View Post
    Is this for any type of usage or P2P download?

I am considering the product, and things like this is worrying. Especially being on a 24-month contract. If I can stream without issues on 2 devices / tvs from 7pm to 10pm then I will be happy.
    Any type of usage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast