Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Capped despite having data left.

Default Capped despite having data left.

Hi, I'm on the 220 + 220 gb package with afrihost. I have just been capped. When I log onto clientzone it says I've used 73.24 gbs and have 366gbs remaining. When I view my usage through the router it's says I've used 111gbs and have 329gbs left. This is the second month it's happened to me although last month it happened on the last day when I still had 14gbs left. Afrihost said they would refund me but I never received the refund. Is anyone else having these issues?

Afrihost update of data usage is broken. My data usage has not been updated for 3 days.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Afrihost has serious problems with their RAIN integration. I'm completely off-line right now and I don't think they have any idea what's causing it or how to fix it. I hope RAIN steps in and helps them out.

Thanks for the replies. Got hold of them yesterday and apparently what has happened is last month I was on 55gb + 55gb to test the network and I upgraded to 220gb + 220 gbs from the 1st of September. Now despite paying for 440 gbs and client zone showing 440gbs, rain still has me on 110gbs and I got capped at 110gbs. They said they could only help me on Monday so have had no internet the whole weekend despite having paid for it. There is also a difference of 33gbs between what my router says I've used and clientzone but that seems to be a different issue altogether. Not too impressed.

You should go and post in the Afrihost dedicated forum and complain there and see if an Afri Person can stick a spike up somebodies ventilation shaft. Or escalate it to critical care. The normal support people are nigh on useless these days but the critical care people are sharp as tacks.
    Core i7-5960X | ASRock X99 Pro Gaming i7 | 64GB HyperX Savage DDR4-3000 | SLI EVGA GTX1080 SC | Logitech G910/G900 | HyperX Cloud II | Acer XG270HU

Same problem with afrihost and there rain LTE. Going to go to Icasa and consumer council. There service unacceptable

I agree Leonsteg, I certainly don't expect a consumer service to be always on, but they mess up and don't even try to fix it and don't do any proper communication on the issue then they're failing to do their jobs.

Stil no update on my data usage
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Had to get hold of a manager after being passed from person to person with no help. Still not sorted but suppose to be getting a call when it is. Have his name and email and extension number so hope he can just sort it out. Almost ready to just pay the router price again to change to another isp.

Thanks for letting me know about Afrihost. Seems they still useless in whatever they attempt. The only thing they got right was lowering per GB costs way back when.

I will avoid their "Service"

I can ussure you, Mweb is not much better, got capped last night, and the daily usage tracker shows I have only used 60 of my 110 gig cap. 5Phone calls including a manager, and still no responce from Mweb. I wonder if Rain will ever get it right?

I cancelled afrihost and signed up with mweb. So far my mweb usage tracker matches my router volume statistics exactly. I do feel for you though. Good luck trying to fix it.

Super Grandmaster

Are you getting capped or shapped? are you still able to browse?

It's ridiculous that in the age of always on internet and video steaming that data is an issue. We consume a lot of data and if we want HD quality we need even more. The internet has moved on and so should the way ISP's work their business models.
    Last edited by GforceD; 03-10-2017 at 09:55 AM.
    nothing to see here move along....

+ Reply to Thread