Thanks for the response.
I have not had speed issues for a long time, but am curious about the different results from the two speed tests.
I am using a wireless connection to the router from my laptop, the ethernet port in the router is 1Gbps.
I have a problem with FTTH speed tests.
With the MBB speed test, my download and upload speeds are 91.46 and 94.81 respectively.
With the Ookla speed test they are 73.29 and 86.60 respectively.
I run the tests one after the other - what would be causing the difference?
I have Frogfoot...
I have found over the years that the three month rollover is not the benefit it is touted to be. ISPs do not use the oldest first, but instead use the current month, then the previous month - which means that once the unused portion reaches the 3 month mark, it is likely to reach the ISPs...
Hi Johnatan56. I tried Zoiper on both Android and iPhone, same issues (about 6 months ago). My ISP is selling cordless VOIP phones for about R1785 (with base station), corded phones for about 1000. Seems like a VOIP phone, cordless or not, is the way to go.
thanks for the responses. I am using my iPhone with a Zoiper based app. I had used Zoiper itself on another network but found it chewed my battery. I have been thing about using a VOIP handset instead of the iPhone app, would that make a difference, do you think?
Is the voice quality on VOIP as good as with a landline? Good enough to justify moving from landline to VOIP? I have a 20/20 FTTH and fine the voice quality on VOIP very poor a lot of the time, so considering moving back to a landline.