Anybody signed up with Tymebank?

So if you phone is faaaked for whatever reason, you faaaked as well! Tw*ts.
No access to your account, and no high street presence..well it's been that way since day 1, no toll free number or in app call to support AFAIK, besides messagingl....the PnP kiosks are long gone...basically it's a backup account or use it for savings/interest!
 
So if you phone is faaaked for whatever reason, you faaaked as well! Tw*ts.
No access to your account, and no high street presence..well it's been that way since day 1, no toll free number or in app call to support AFAIK, besides messagingl....the PnP kiosks are long gone...basically it's a backup account or use it for savings/interest!

I use it purely for savings, but my TAX is a mess yearly! (no jokes on that). They cant even do a ITB3 certificate correctly
 
Tried to pay my Standard Bank credit card from the GoTyme app today, it failed.
GoTyme support tells me that this is a feature that they have not yet migrated to the new app. :mad:
How does a bank release an app that does not allow payments to a credit card account?
 
Tried to pay my Standard Bank credit card from the GoTyme app today, it failed.
GoTyme support tells me that this is a feature that they have not yet migrated to the new app. :mad:
How does a bank release an app that does not allow payments to a credit card account?
They dropped the loaded beneficiaries and now need to add them via the account number etc and default is also payshap which won’t work
 
Deepest apologies - this is our oversight - with the majority of billers transitioning to aggregators or DebiCheck - both more secure than traditional EFT payments - we had chosen to decommission it on the new app given limited customer usage of the old feature on the TymeBank app.

Have you tried paying using the account number and selecting the "non-instant" option instead?

We will do more investigation our side and aim to rectify this in the coming weeks.
 
Do the goalsaves need to be “primed” for 3 months with no transfer-out history

Or

Do i need to close a goalsave completely, empty it out and create a new goalsave
 
Deepest apologies - this is our oversight - with the majority of billers transitioning to aggregators or DebiCheck - both more secure than traditional EFT payments - we had chosen to decommission it on the new app given limited customer usage of the old feature on the TymeBank app.

Have you tried paying using the account number and selecting the "non-instant" option instead?

We will do more investigation our side and aim to rectify this in the coming weeks.
So when will I be able to pay my Standard bank credit card using my TymeBank account?
I want to cancel my Standard bank account because it is costing me hundreds in fees every month, but I cannot do so with a banking app that only provides half-baked functionality.
Maybe I need to rethink my migration strategy and approach Bank Zero.
 
Do the goalsaves need to be “primed” for 3 months with no transfer-out history

Or

Do i need to close a goalsave completely, empty it out and create a new goalsave

You can move partial out, but then loses the 10% interest. The max only will be 6%

My advice, give 10 days notice, and close the goalsave completely
 
@TymeforFeedback how can I pay my CoJ account? They do not provide bank details, all they provide is Post Office, EasyPay and Standard Bank CIN number. I have emailed them, and they insist that those 3 options are sufficient. What now?
 
@TymeforFeedback how can I pay my CoJ account? They do not provide bank details, all they provide is Post Office, EasyPay and Standard Bank CIN number. I have emailed them, and they insist that those 3 options are sufficient. What now?
Select the Pay Bills tile on the GoTyme app - you should see CoJ as an option and you need to simply enter the EasyPay reference number.
 
Thank you.
When will I be able to pay my Standard bank credit card using my TymeBank account?
I am really sorry - I still don't have a quick and simple solution for that. 1 recommendation I can give is setting up a debit order from Standard Bank to your GoTyme account for either the minimum balance to be paid or the full settlement of the facility monthly.

I know that's not ideal if you want the flexibility to make ad hoc payments at different points of the month.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X