South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
I was deciding between that and the P8L. Only difference I could find online is P8L is the 2026 model and C6K the 2025. P8L R1000 more too so decided to bite the bullet.I bought the 55" C6K yesterday, paid R8000 at Tafelberg.
Very happy with it.
The C6K is still the better TV according to thisI was deciding between that and the P8L. Only difference I could find online is P8L is the 2026 model and C6K the 2025. P8L R1000 more too so decided to bite the bullet.
The TCL QM8L and Hisense UR9 are the two high-performance TVs I think most folks will be considering this year. In then end, one doesn't destroy the other, but they do take very different routes to get to a similar destination.
What I'm not prepared to do -- yet -- is conduct a conclusive SQD vs. RGB showdown. Instead, this is a great example of how two TVs can end up looking very similar, but feeling very different.
The TCL QM7L fundamentally changed how I think TV reviews should be done.
Instead of starting with meters, charts, and test patterns, I spent about eight hours just watching it like a normal TV owner. THEN I got to measuring, and what I found helps explain why different reviewers have reached such different conclusions about this TV.
Basically, I reviewed this TV in reverse, and I'm glad I did.The QM7L isn’t reference-grade, and it isn’t perfect. Its off-angle picture quality is a real limitation, and serious gamers may be disappointed by its motion performance.
But for most viewers, it delivers an exceptionally bright, exciting, and enjoyable picture at a remarkably competitive price.
In this review, I explain what the measurements reveal, what they fail to reveal, and why the TCL QM7L may have changed how I review midrange TVs going forward.
Can you see if it has built in sub woofer?did you hang it on a wall?![]()
Just received from Expert stores. Placed the order on Monday.
I am holding on to my 85" box just in case..Haven't checked in on this chat for some time - Just wanted to say hi
And when you have to move and pack this moerse 85" somehow, and transport it, good luck! Your anxiety shoots up! I was honestly more worried about the TV than my computer setup and sound system.
Yeah, issue is it’s so damn big hahaI am holding on to my 85" box just in case..
Getting the legs on my 85" was probably the most nerve wrecking 20 minutes of my life...Couldn't help myself
Reviews online were pointing towards this lineup being great, especially deep blacks and viviv colors (which just screams yes for me)
I was nearly going a size up, but I'm seated 3.8 meters away, and 85" still strikes the best in terms of sizing and cinematic experience.
View attachment 1943900
Send a picGetting the legs on my 85" was probably the most nerve wrecking 20 minutes of my life...
I want to experience rugby as though I’m right there in the stadium.Bliksem, you okes don't fsck around with inches, hey.
Looking at the one I have now, dis n groot d0oz though?I am holding on to my 85" box just in case..
Under your bedLooking at the one I have now, dis n groot d0oz though?
I'm trying to figure out where I should store it.
Mine is in the garage.. upright against the wall, vertically..Looking at the one I have now, dis n groot d0oz though?
I'm trying to figure out where I should store it.