1st Robovac suggestions

So, I am contemplating buying a robo vac. I am not really keen to spend too much on it but I know I will probably get advice to the contrary.

Does anyone want to offer advice from experience, what to expect at each price range and the pro's and cons?

for reference, house isn't big, all tiles with one section that is laminate. there is one small area that has a step down, not super worried about it cleaning there. Passage has a small floor strip between the tiles and the laminate, I am hoping it can navigate the small bump.

Biggest issue is we keep a lot of doors closed, as we have a dog that is still in the phase of grabbing everything - I would probably want to open them when i let it do a full clean.
 
So, I am contemplating buying a robo vac. I am not really keen to spend too much on it but I know I will probably get advice to the contrary.

Does anyone want to offer advice from experience, what to expect at each price range and the pro's and cons?

for reference, house isn't big, all tiles with one section that is laminate. there is one small area that has a step down, not super worried about it cleaning there. Passage has a small floor strip between the tiles and the laminate, I am hoping it can navigate the small bump.

Biggest issue is we keep a lot of doors closed, as we have a dog that is still in the phase of grabbing everything - I would probably want to open them when i let it do a full clean.

no one?

thoughts on this?

 
Dyson has entered the game

 
So, I am contemplating buying a robo vac. I am not really keen to spend too much on it but I know I will probably get advice to the contrary.

Does anyone want to offer advice from experience, what to expect at each price range and the pro's and cons?

for reference, house isn't big, all tiles with one section that is laminate. there is one small area that has a step down, not super worried about it cleaning there. Passage has a small floor strip between the tiles and the laminate, I am hoping it can navigate the small bump.

Biggest issue is we keep a lot of doors closed, as we have a dog that is still in the phase of grabbing everything - I would probably want to open them when i let it do a full clean.
we have had our Bennett Read Alphabot Ultra for 2 years and no complaints

tbh I think alot of them are coming out of the same factories/same technology, those in the same price range are mostly equal

As mentioned at the start, get the mapping features, huge help.
I am not sure what new features have come out in the 2 years.
 
no one?

thoughts on this?

I have the Xiaome X10+ and it works well with the lidar function. You can also look at the Dreame robot vacuums (It is owned by Xiaome). Another brand is the Ecovacs, but I think they are more expensive.
 
So, I am contemplating buying a robo vac. I am not really keen to spend too much on it but I know I will probably get advice to the contrary.

Does anyone want to offer advice from experience, what to expect at each price range and the pro's and cons?

for reference, house isn't big, all tiles with one section that is laminate. there is one small area that has a step down, not super worried about it cleaning there. Passage has a small floor strip between the tiles and the laminate, I am hoping it can navigate the small bump.

Biggest issue is we keep a lot of doors closed, as we have a dog that is still in the phase of grabbing everything - I would probably want to open them when i let it do a full clean.
See post #34
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X