2007 Cricket World Cup (West Indies) thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter kingrob
  • Start date Start date
WTF? thats just stupid if true. I wanna see aussies take those teams on in those conditions tho :P could be entertaining
 
The ICC has already decided to screw us with the scheduling for the Super 8s. Never mind if we beat Aus or not, they've decided that SA will be A2, and have to play India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan on the spin friendly pitch in Guyana. Read a full explanation here (in Afrikaans though).

From the ICC website (the page this was on has since disappeared. I smell a conspiracy):
“Team names for the Super Eight stage are indicative based on the top two teams from the Group Stage qualifying. If these two teams do qualify they will be seeded in position 1 or 2 as specified regardless of whether they finish first or second in their group. For example, if South Africa wins Group A and Australia comes second, for the purposes of the Super Eights, South Africa will still be A2 and Australia will be A1.“

That sucks !

Couldn't it just be an example of how the placings work ?

Just went thru that sites and it's a scam.
Read thru all the links. The ICC page is not official and also says that the CWC is 400 days away and counting :D

Nope doesn't look legit !
 
Last edited:
Just went thru that sites and it's a scam.
Read thru all the links. The ICC page is not official and also says that the CWC is 400 days away and counting :D

Nope doesn't look legit !

It says that because it's a link to the ICC site on the internet archive. They've removed the page from their site. I mailed Supersport, and they've admitted that it looks like it's true. The scam is on the ICC's side unfortunately. They're screwing us, and when everyone wakes up to the fact it will be too late to do anything about it. We have to beat Aus now, just to show them up.
 
Just as I thought.

Here is the correct link and No.

Winner is A1 and runner up is A2

http://cricketworldcup.indya.com/event/schdules.htm

It doesn't say anything about winner/runner up on that site. Have a look here if you don't believe me. The BBC usually knows what they're talking about:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/low/cricket/6310307.stm
http://www.rediff.com/wc2007/2007/mar/05icc.htm

The mail I got back from Supersport:
Thanks - the third mail we've received so I guess there is some truth behind it. Haysie even asked match referee Jeff Crowe, and even he knew nothing of this.
Thanks again,
Cheers
Garry
 
The Super Eight seeding is the same as used in the first round, based on world ranking, with no notice taken of whether a side finishes first or second in a group.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but on the ODI listing we're number 1 correct ?
 
well if we in A1 position then told to play as A2 then there's definately something up and we can all whine about it.. but 1st must beat the ausies..

I think this is just a predicted table, nothing more tho.
 
Now correct me if I'm wrong but on the ODI listing we're number 1 correct ?

Now we are yes, but when the seeding was done (12 months ago) we where number 5. That's why we ended up with Aus in the same group. The same ranking will therefore be applied to Super 8 games.
 
I don't have access to TV right now, and cricinfo says it's raining. Is it raining big time? Are we gonna get some play? What's happening?
 
I don't have access to TV right now, and cricinfo says it's raining. Is it raining big time? Are we gonna get some play? What's happening?

Well by your post I would say no... who knows... maybe we get nailed by the DL system again if we start... should just not be I guess
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X