2010 stadiums could be delayed

Bageloo

Expert Member
You are welcome to call is Stinky-pile-poo.... Just an experience I had calling the game where grown men kick a leather ball about 'Soccer' .. I was corrected by a few insulted patrons at Wembley stadium. :D

Sepp Blatter also has faith in the SA Guavamint... so I dont take his word as gospel :)
The English invented the game and called it football. The rest of the world has moved on since then and they should follow suit.

nivek

Executive Member
Both posts seem to be linked.
So you say we wont be ready for 2010, and if we are what do we do with the stadiums after?

We are a soccer nation, sorry to surprise you but its not cricket or rugby.
There will always be uses for the stadiums, always.
Sorry but local soccer fans do not deserve decent stadiums..

Why give them expensive chairs to rip out and throw around?

IamCanadian

Banned
@JK8 -

Quote:

Completing the infrastructure projects on time for the 2010 World Cup would in any event be a challenge and construction companies would have to have teams working day and night to meet the deadlines, Simpson said.
Perhaps you should get your trusty shovel and pick to help out. It looks like they are going to need all the help they can get.:D

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I think we can do this more often as long as we steer clear of polotics
Hehe. Indeed. I am so looking forward to 2010! Green Point Stadium is like 5 minutes away from my house.

RichardP

Banned
The English invented the game and called it football. The rest of the world has moved on since then and they should follow suit.
The rules of football were codified in England by the Football Association in 1863, and the name association football was coined to distinguish the game from the other versions of football played at the time. The word soccer is a colloquial abbreviation of association (from assoc.) and first appeared in the 1880s.
yes, its old - but you are really being rich to talk about traditions :D The rest of the World has Moved on - so follow suit.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
@JK8 -

Quote:

Perhaps you should get your trusty shovel and pick to help out. It looks like they are going to need all the help they can get.:D
Do you know how many of the German stadia were ready at the same stage when they were hosting?

NONE

Bageloo

Expert Member
Sorry but local soccer fans do not deserve decent stadiums..

Why give them expensive chairs to rip out and throw around?
Not if they make them strong and attach them firmly. It's also about culture change and I think the 2010 world cup will be an eye opener for the local soccer administrators in terms of organisation, seating arrangements, security arrangements etc.

Bageloo

Expert Member
yes, its old - but you are really being rich to talk about traditions :D The rest of the World has Moved on - so follow suit.
Hehe, very funny!:D even though i don't understand fully what you are trying to say.

RichardP

Banned
Do you know how many of the German stadia were ready at the same stage when they were hosting?

NONE
err..... most of them

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showpost.php?p=797850&postcount=1

Berlin - Olympiastadion - reconstruction completed mid 2004.
Frankfurt - Builting started mid 2002 and completed October 2005.
Gelsenkirchen - new - opened August 2001.
Hamburg - new, completed Sept. 2000.
Hanover - Niedersachsenstadion - reconstruction started March 2003 and completed Dec. 2004.
Kaiserslautern - Felix-Walter Stadion - Reconstruction completed Nov. 2005.
Koeln - Reconstruction started in 2002 and completed in March 2004.
Leipzig - new, opened in December 2003.
Muenchen - Kaiser Franz Beckenbauer laid the cornerstone in October 2002 and the stadium was finished in April 2005.
Nuernberg - Frankenstadion - reconstruction completed April 2005.
Stuttgart - Gottlieb Daimler Stadion - Reconstruction began Jan. 2004 and was completed in late 2005.

Germany used 12 stadiums of which 5 were new and 7 were reconstructions. Of the 5 new stadiums - Hamburg was ready in 2000, Gelsenkirchen in 2001, Leipzig in 2003, Munich in April 2004 and Frankfurt in October 2005.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Germany used 12 stadiums of which 5 were new and 7 were reconstructions. Of the 5 new stadiums - Hamburg was ready in 2000, Gelsenkirchen in 2001, Leipzig in 2003, Munich in April 2004 and Frankfurt in October 2005.
No.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Well... put your money where your mouth is.... as the forumites say - Dont make allegations you have no proof of..
Jees dude. Read!

5 new stadia. One completed 6 years before WC, one 5, one 3, one 2 and one less than one year before the WC started!

RichardP

Banned
Jees dude. Read!

5 new stadia. One completed 6 years before WC, one 5, one 3, one 2 and one less than one year before the WC started!
It contradicts your 'NONE' statement. there is just over 2 years left! How many have SA completed to date? ZERO!!! they have just started Refurbishing!

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
It contradicts your 'NONE' statement. there is just over 2 years left! How many have SA completed to date? ZERO!!! they have just started Refurbishing!
Fine. I take back my 'none' then.

My point is that people must stop panicking, have a little faith and take a look at other "first world" countries that were not anywhere near prepared with much less time to go.

Just look at Greece and the Olympics...

IamCanadian

Banned
Completing the infrastructure projects on time for the 2010 World Cup would in any event be a challenge and construction companies would have to have teams working day and night to meet the deadlines.

Hello! Hello! Is this mike working?

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Completing the infrastructure projects on time for the 2010 World Cup would in any event be a challenge and construction companies would have to have teams working day and night to meet the deadlines.

Hello! Hello! Is this mike working?
I think that is sensationalist hype. But you believe whatever you want.

My friend is a Quantity Surveyor involved with various aspects of the Green Point build and he is not concerned about not finishing on time.

Bageloo

Expert Member
Jees dude. Read!

I was just thinking how can they say Hambug was a new stadium. It must have been completed well before some of the stadiums for Korea/Japan 2002. Even before Germany was declared the hosts for 2006

IamCanadian

Banned
I think that is sensationalist hype. But you believe whatever you want.

My friend is a Quantity Surveyor involved with various aspects of the Green Point build and he is not concerned about not finishing on time.
Like I said, 900 days.

RichardP

Banned
I was just thinking how can they say Hambug was a new stadium. It must have been completed well before some of the stadiums for Korea/Japan 2002. Even before Germany was declared the hosts for 2006
You dont have to build stadiums for "Specific" events... The City governor can think about the community and decide to build one for the City. Thats what happens when the Government think about the people at the bottom.