2010 stadiums could be delayed

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
I was just thinking how can they say Hambug was a new stadium. It must have been completed well before some of the stadiums for Korea/Japan 2002. Even before Germany was declared the hosts for 2006
This is also a point. Will ask my mate. He lives the Bundesliga. He'll know.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
You dont have to build stadiums for "Specific" events... The City governor can think about the community and decide to build one for the City. Thats what happens when the Government think about the people at the bottom.
What do you mean by this? That we shouldn't build more stadia?

RichardP

Banned
What do you mean by this? That we shouldn't build more stadia?
Its called being Pro-Active. It means that the public works doesnt have to WAIT for an event to upgrade the infrastructures and public areas. Its called thinking ahead and thinking about the needs of the Community.

If SA didnt get the WC2010, do you think that the Football (Soccer) clubs will ever get new stadiums?

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Its called being Pro-Active. It means that the public works doesnt have to WAIT for an event to upgrade the infrastructures and public areas. Its called thinking ahead and thinking about the needs of the Community.

If SA didnt get the WC2010, do you think that the Football (Soccer) clubs will ever get new stadiums?
NO! Which is why I am so glad that we did get it!

I just wish people would be a little more positive and have some faith in this country for once. Faith in themselves as well.

RichardP

Banned
NO! Which is why I am so glad that we did get it!

I just wish people would be a little more positive and have some faith in this country for once. Faith in themselves as well.
The WC2010 event is the Motivator, as the stadia are being sponsored by Blatters crowd... this is NOT the correct motivation to uplift the community.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
The WC2010 event is the Motivator, as the stadia are being sponsored by Blatters crowd... this is NOT the correct motivation to uplift the community.
Different means to the same end.

IamCanadian

Banned
I'll be here in 900 days. You can come and stay in my flat and watch one of the games in Green Point's new stadium ;)
Thanks for the invite. I miss Cape Town sometimes, especially when it gets down to minus 30 below.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Thanks for the invite. I miss Cape Town sometimes, especially when it gets down to minus 30 below.
Well if you're in town, drop me a pm and we can make a plan :)

Isn't it dark for like three months of the year in Canada? I couldn't have that...

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Its not a "Means to an end" .. If the WC2010 wasnt signed, the 'END' would not exist.
I thought the end was the upliftment of the community and improvement of the surrounding infrastructure?

IamCanadian

Banned
Well if you're in town, drop me a pm and we can make a plan :)

Isn't it dark for like three months of the year in Canada? I couldn't have that...

Not in Calgary just up in the frozen north, YUKON etc.

The shortest day is at the solstice on December 21st and the sun rises in our part of the world around 7:00AM and sets around 5:30 PM.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Not in Calgary just up in the frozen north, YUKON etc.

The shortest day is at the solstice on December 21st and the sun rises in our part of the world around 7:00AM and sets around 5:30 PM.
I see.

I sat next to a lady on a plane a few years back who was originally from here and who now stayed in north Canadia...She reckoned they were often snowed in and it seemed dark for 3 months solid every year...