2019 Mazda 3 (Gen 4)

VooDooC

Skyactiv X uses compressed fuel ignition technology, which will require certain fuel requirements for their injectors, so I think this time it is very legit for the fuel issue statement.

You really dont want to mess up your fuel injection system in these engines.

Yeah and it is very unlikely that we will ever have Euro 5 standard fuel, our refineries aren't built for it and it doesn't seem like they or government is willing to spend the money necessary for upgrading them.

Jchan11hk

Yeah and it is very unlikely that we will ever have Euro 5 standard fuel, our refineries aren't built for it and it doesn't seem like they or government is willing to spend the money necessary for upgrading them.
Agreed, no one wants to pay for it. It was a big thing 5 years ago on the clean fuel strategy at Sasol.

VernD

Executive Member
Just for interest sake, is this out on SA roads yet?

I'm asking because I its been launched here already so, to me, it feels like a lot of hype for an existing model. Also, the previous model is a pretty good buy if you're looking for a fairly modern manual shifter.

Colin62

Executive Member
Just for interest sake, is this out on SA roads yet?

I'm asking because I its been launched here already so, to me, it feels like a lot of hype for an existing model. Also, the previous model is a pretty good buy if you're looking for a fairly modern manual shifter.
I think it hit the dealerships last weekend. And yes, the old model was a very good buy, especially when you look at what they’re selling here - a whole bunch of underpowered 1.5l motors and only the top of the ranch with an acceptable 2.0l motor.

Jchan11hk

I think it hit the dealerships last weekend. And yes, the old model was a very good buy, especially when you look at what they’re selling here - a whole bunch of underpowered 1.5l motors and only the top of the ranch with an acceptable 2.0l motor.
I have seen one in the Bruma Mazda dealership, but I have not seen one on the road yet. It does look very nice thou.

VernD

Executive Member
An associate bought the old model in 2.5L guise and he was so stoked. He has also never driven a manual before so he was very excited to learn.

I would probably have to check Mazda's site to see the engine sizes of the new models because you can't tell by just looking since most of them don't have the badges that designates engine size.

handyman007

That seems to be the consensus with all the reviews I've read/watched.

Pox

Expert Member
So looks like my company is getting the 3 sedan as the next company car. Two different grades, so either the 2l or the 1.5.
The 1.5 is going to be a big step down in torque from the current Jetta TSI.

I tried to get details from peeps organising the cars as to what models...that was a short exercise in frustration

"What models are they?"
"Mazda. New Mazda"
"No I mean what model of Mazda 3?"
"1.5i and 2.0 individual"
"Um...neither of those are actual models in the 3 range. There are 3 1.5s and one 2l. Is the 2l the Astina model?"
"No, it's a Mazda"

Gave up at that point.

Colin62

Executive Member
MotorMatters review of the Mazda 3 hatch 1.5 Individual
How does it go with the 1.5 engine? Surely that’s the question people want answered, and not how much boot space there is - you can see that in the brochure. Did he even drive the car?

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Mazda 3 TCR

Mazda North America has revealed the latest addition to its motorsport programme with the announcement of the all-new Mazda3 TCR race car. Built to global TCR regulations it will make its competition debut in the 2020 IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge series, which begins with a four-hour race at the world famous Daytona Speedway in January 2020.

Retaining the striking looks of the all-new Mazda3 hatchback, the Mazda3 TCR combines the striking KODO - Soul of Motion design of the road car with the purposeful stance and width of a race car. Styled by Mazda Design America in Irvine, California, the designers spent countless hours ensuring that the competition Mazda3 combines aerodynamics and dimensions compliant with TCR regulations and stunning looks that blend seamlessly with the clean lines and sporty shape of the standard Mazda3.

The Mazda3 TCR is powered by a turbocharged 4-cylinder 350bhp TCR compliant engine that is matched to a six-speed paddle shift competition transmission. Developed by North Carolina based Long Road Racing, the constructors of the Global Mazda MX-5 Cup car, the Mazda3 TCR is homologated to compete in any of the 36 TCR-sanctioned championships around the globe. Long Road Racing will provide sales and customer support for the Mazda3 TCR, which will be available to privateers in 2020.

Mazda-3_TCR-2020-800-05.jpgMazda-3_TCR-2020-800-07.jpgMazda-3_TCR-2020-800-06.jpgMazda-3_TCR-2020-800-08.jpgMazda-3_TCR-2020-800-01.jpgMazda-3_TCR-2020-800-03.jpg