24V Inverter/UPS query

PhreeMe

Expert Member
Hi all

An order was placed for the Title mentioned unit, which ended up being just for the inverter, with no battery pack.
Two questions:

1) Can anyone give me rough dimensions of a 24V battery? We have casings, but not sure they could house a 24V battery.
2) In line with the rest of our order, this is not what we wanted. The box was opened, as we had an outage the following morning and we were trying to make necessary preparations. Is there a return policy/clause that covers that, or are we stuck with this unit?

Many thanks

Magnum

Executive Member
What did you order ? link web page for item. Ups and an Inverter is two completely different items.
Inverter takes 12v - 24v and turns it into 220v - 240v.(full sine wave inverters can run motors friges ect.)
Ups takes 220v - 240v taps off this input , charges a battery and when the input power falls away converts the battery power into mains.(some runs off mains and just switches to inverted power when mains fail. Others runs permanently off inverted power and just constantly charges the battery. the latter is a better UPS as it provides a more pure potential and removes most of Eskom's spikes.

BrianB

There is no information.

It can be two 7Ah 12 gate motor batteries for all we know...That is what the 2000 VA UPS use.Its about R180 - R200 each.

Page 3
Dimensions
L x W x H mm
331 x 173 x 241

Inverters are normally connected to larger deep cycle batteries.

Magnum

Executive Member
Page 3
Dimensions
L x W x H mm
331 x 173 x 241

Inverters are normally connected to larger deep cycle batteries.

Ahhh yes. But read the heading.Inverter/UPS. so which one is it. a UPS is not an inverter and vice versa.
did het get a battery less UPS,or did he buy an inverter.What did he buy.What is the rating. He needs to give information.

PhreeMe

Expert Member
Ahhh yes. But read the heading.Inverter/UPS. so which one is it. a UPS is not an inverter and vice versa.
did het get a battery less UPS,or did he buy an inverter.What did he buy.What is the rating. He needs to give information.

This is the actual issue. Listed as Quantum Inverter, but has built in "UPS" function.
As far as I can gather, all the switch does is adjust the operating output to a narrower margin on UPS.

I am trying to avoid the 2 x 12V setup as the housings I have would take up a fair amount of real-estate, in a limited space environment.

Thanks a stack for the answers so far.