30 Gb in 5 days

ronniestander said:
Will you stop compairing to other counties and their prices and their GIG - telkom does'nt have the same infrastructure - you are not in a 1st world country - deal with it!!
Sorry to derail this again Eye_suc, but I am sick and tired of people making comments like this!

Firstly before you go off at me, click my name and read all my posts, you will see I also don’t like the month end downloads, and going mad just because you can.

Secondly, if you did the same with Clipse before shooting your mouth off, You will of seen that he has come up with some solutions to help people, and does know what he is talking about

My post is not because of the downloading so back to your quoted statement above. Would you consider Australia to be a first world country?

On the April 6, 1652, development in SA started with Jan Van Riebeek setting up a station in the Cape. For years we where the dominating country for all sea routes
Australia's first settlement started on the 26 January 1788 To make it worse. Australia was full of Criminals or prison warders.

We sure as hell have had more time than them, why are we backwards then. Now for every one that wants to turn around and say Apartheid screwed us over.. Piss of and Die, I am sick of that comment as well. We are who we are because of what we make of ourselves. Stop blaming our past for your inadequacies and look deeper and see that your are to blame, not some history.

Not to long ago The South African economy was one of the strongest in the world with the $US trailing behind us.
What happened?
Why does South Africa also have some of the most expensive banking in the world.
WHY THE HELL are we not a first world country

Its because of companies like Telkom that’s why! The are destroying the country with everything they do. In the world we live in today communication is the most integral part of any business and everyone’s lively hood, The postal service is almost none existent for normal forms of communication anymore. Telkom owns this and rapes everyone one of us everyday knowing this fact. One of the reasons our banks are expensive is due to the cost that they have to pay every month for their bandwidth.

I have used only one example but you know I can go on and on, it does not take more than 5 min to do a search on the net to see how many more companies are being screwed by Telkom. All of this gets filtered down until even the public are being screwed over!

The South African Infrastructure is more than capable of handling the loads of ADSL and the technology, South African scientists are some of the best in the world and our technology is not bad at all, having to use technology that was existent years ago, should not cost us an arm and a leg now
So yes, maybe we are not a first world country in the sense of the word, but only due to everyone who is riding the gravy train all the way to the bank!
I'm proud to be South African, and I’m an arrogant South African and I believe we are better than everyone else!
But to sit on your ass and make a statement that we can not do things and say “oh well we are not a first world country so we just have to live with it” drives my bloody mad! What has happened in the last 20 years that has caused us to go backwards instead of forwards! Its because of everyone thinking that we have to live with what we are dealt and not try to make ourselves better is what is screwing us over.. that and Telkom

Piss off back to the UK please. They want you there in their little 1st world, I sure as hell dont want people like you in my country who run us down all the time!
 
Last edited:
eye_suc said:
thats what i suspected yes.

which raises the question how on earth we can be charged for something that costs nothing.

Simple answer, profit. Our internet society is going backwards with knowledge about cost of infrastructures and Telkom is on top of that train, promoting their speeches of absolute bull. I am waiting for the day Telkom starts up a Political party, with their cash flow, that would be easy to filter tax money from Telkom Lty. Limited into a political party with enough budget to over throw the government.
 
What are you on about - are you a complete idiot.
1652 van Riebeek bla bla bla. You are so far off all the points it's not even funny.

This is South Africa, there's lots of things to blame for the situation we are in - the new Gov, etc, etc. But we are in this situation now - are'nt we.

You blabering on is not gong to make the population density any better (God forbit - we cant have more people in this country wanting houses and everything for free) which will inflict better prices soon. Read all the post Mr van Riebeek then you will see that I said prices will come down once people get more used to ADSL.
Blabber on about Australia - population density in Sydney 10 000 per Sq mile you idiot thats why.

kobie said:
- There is supporting evidence that usage does go down once people get used to having broadband.

But since you have again just explain exactly how we're going to solve the problem - you've been of tremendous help.

You are not an arrogant South African and surely not proud to be South African. Once you and your 'yes' voting buddies realize that we can learn from what happened in other countries - maybe then we'll get somewhere.

No one runs South Africa down you idiot. Maybe you're just one of those idiots that think everything comes free and thoi thoi all the time we want houses, other peoples farms, etc free, but dont go as far as to think - how and we need a solution.
 
Last edited:
well worth the derail :) (hehehe, not my thread anyhow)

but would Telkom try to overthrow the government while the government owns almost 40% of Telkom? it would be like sibling rivalry :)
 
True, they dont have ironfist monopolies ruling a market in the successfull communication countries. So yet again our statements ring true, Telkom is overcharging us cause they CAN!
 
eye_suc said:
well worth the derail :) (hehehe, not my thread anyhow)

but would Telkom try to overthrow the government while the government owns almost 40% of Telkom? it would be like sibling rivalry :)

Lol valid statement, but lets take the conspiracy further, maybe the government aint touching telkom because its affraid Telkom would overthrow them? LOL :)
 
Ronnie.
Who the hell are you?
What do you want here?
Did you get a job with telkom recently?
Do you own shares?
Do you like running around calling people idiots. I did not call you an idiot.
Did you even bother to check up like I said before you about my personal views. No you did not, you proved my point by jumping on the band wagen and shot your mouth of again!

You even gave evidence to my post stating that we are currently in this situation due to the goverment, part of my post above hinted at that. Did you even realise it?

Why are you quoting Kobie.. WHO AGREED WITH YOU! and then calling him and idiot and what not using my statements...

You seem to be the type of person who takes the BS they get feed eat it and accept it, You will never amount to anything in life other than being a board troll. And before you say how much money you have ... I was asked by a Doctor in Russia once " Who would you be in life, A rich doctor who makes millions, has a big house, and car etc, but dies alone. or a lowly university professor, with a wife and kids and has something to give other people and dies with a smile on his face with friends at his side"

If I was a Mod here I would of banned you for all your comments at other people calling them idiots! (would of banned myself for having to reply to you like I did)

I said you should piss of back to the UK.. Please do that, I surely hope you can die with a smile on your face one day!

EDIT
No one runs South Africa down you idiot. Maybe you're just one of those idiots that think everything comes free and thoi thoi all the time we want houses, other peoples farms, etc free, but dont go as far as to think - how and we need a solution
Please reread my post. Where you not the one stating we where a first world country and jsut accepting it. Where is your solution. Was I not the one specifically saying that people can not just blame past history and can be anything they want if they try... Before you go back to the UK.. please leave your stash of what ever you are smoking here.. because Hell it must be good to be high all the time. One day I'd like to visit your little world in your head. The property rights would put disney worlds wacky world out of business in a flash!
 
Last edited:
I think this thread should be closed, any mods please do us this favour.. Lets get back to focusing on Telkom and what they do Wrong... Once they prove to us that they dont just want to make profit but also deliver a reliable and fast for the price charged service, then we will have more respect to show in the forum.
 
1. I didnt call Kobie and Idiot, idiot. I merely qouted him to show that there are other people realizing that everything cant be cheaper just because we want it to be. All will get cheaper soon.

2. Im not even gonna go on disagreeing with you as it seem you are one of those people who just grab straws and dont have a clue what you're going on about, Mr van Riebeeck from Australia.

3. People dont need to agree with your (not knowing anything) statements to be Proudly South African.

Kalvaer said:
I said you should piss of back to the UK.. Please do that, I surely hope you can die with a smile on your face one day!!
I surely will die with a smile on my face, like I'm smiling everyday - life is great - please stop crying about everything
 
Last edited:
Ronnie, you contridict your self at every second post, I agree with you but tell you I dislike your statements about we are not a first world country, and you totally misread everything. Then you go to prove my points then say something else. If you even BOTHERED to do what I said in the beginning you would of seen there are more things that I agree'ed with on you posts.

When I first read your posts I agreed as I see many of your views. But then you started calling everyone idiots and pricks! Afterwhich you carefully pull certain things out of my posts and refuse to anwser the questions I asked.

One day you post agreeing with everyone, the next your completly out of your mind! You are the funniest person I have ever met on these boards! Good bye and hope you enjoy life as much as you say.. I surely do because I feel sorry for you
 
O for the sake of peace

To calm your unhappy life down maybe I should just make peace by explaining my comment that obviously made you jump the ship

ronniestander said:
you are not in a 1st world country - deal with it!!

I was merely meaning we're not living in a 1st world country, not saying that it's worse in SA, just that this is a fact so we should not expect everything to be as easy as in a 1st WC. It just wont happen.

Living in SA is way nicer and better but not always easier. I was not degrading SA, just stating that some things will take time.
 
Last edited:
My life aint unhappy. I have everything I need and to top it off, My ADSL runs better than most people here :D

And if you read carefully You will see that I said SA was a first world country WTF happened?
 
Rather than going on with this silly debate, maybe all of you could comment on my latest thread.

On my part as I told Clipse earlier - sorry to all if I got a bit personal from time to time. Maybe it just frustrates me that we obviously have a problem in SA and there's no quick solution that I can think of. :)

New Thread - BPL
 
So you really fail to see that you are misusing bandwidth when you are just downloading because you dont know what to download. Are your software company downloading 100's of movies just because you dont know what to download?

You can't "misuse" bandwidth - you are in no position to dictate what other people do with bandwidth they are paying for. Why do I suspect you think port shaping of p2p is the greatest idea ever?

How people use the bandwidth THEY HAVE PAID FOR is completely irrelevant!

Not going to post in this thread again, but really... If I want to use 30 gigs in 5 days downloading beta software or downloading illegal movies, what does that have to do with anyone else? (with the obvious exception of the copyright holders ;) )
 
Trying to max out a 30GB account on a shared service is downright rude

Guys, I've been hanging back here, but the last comments about the 'right' to use P2P apps to max out bandwidth got me riled.

Truth is, ADSL is a contended, SHARED service.
It's asymmetrical - download is favoured over upload. Lends itself to web traffic.
Bandwidth is not free. Not even cheap in South Africa.

There are people sharing this shared service with you who want to use it for work, internet banking, browsing websites, email, downloading the odd game demo, linux ISO, etc, etc. ie, using the service as it was designed and intended for the target customer base.

Why do a small percentage of internet users behave like pigs at a trough, and spoil it for their more moderate peers on this SHARED service?
Just because you were entitled to use 3GB in the month, but couldn't use it up with your normal internet usage, why are you obliged to go FIND something to download? This mindset would have us all leaving our taps running because we have the 'right' to.

And 30GB??? Show me a home user maxing out their 30GB cap and NOT using P2P software to download illegal crap they don't really need.
This minority of heavy internet users, most of them using P2P software to trade digital work they don't own, are spoiling the party for everyone.
They are the reason that the per-GB pricing is coming into play, and the reason that the service degrades so badly at the end of the month.

If you want a fast service you can go bezerk on with no cap and without regard to any other users on the SHARED service, go get yourself a 512k Diginet line with 1:1 contention and 100% guaranteed international bandwidth.

You're the same guys puking outside every party that's running an open bar, because you're exercising your 'right' to drink as much as you can.
Or you would be if you ever got out to a party instead of staying home downloading porn.
 
Last edited:
Trying to max out a 30GB account on a shared service is downright rude
Quite the contrary, as it is very simply justifiable use for that which has been paid for. Should users sharing the service suffer degradation, it is the obligation of the service provider to ensure the provision of an acceptable service to all. You furthermore have no right to assume, as you indeed have done, that downloads are comprised primarily of illegal content - that provides evidence of your own guilt, imo. There are many of us who are concerned with perfectly legal and highly critical data transfers/receipts, which you are obviously unaware of - your post count provides evidentiary support. Stick around a while and read more of the forum threads, and the blinkers may be removed...
 
TimTango said:
You're the same guys puking outside every party that's running an open bar, because you're exercising your 'right' to drink as much as you can.
Or you would be if you ever got out to a party instead of staying home downloading porn.
OH MY WORD ROFLOL! Firstly welcome to MyADSL Tim, I realise you said you have been hanging around, but welcome. That though is the best quote I have heard for downloading like a lunatic.

Of course I have learnt that saying that will cause a huge argument on the forums as everyone believes they have the right to get what they pay for (even if I'm paying for highspeed and latency rather than large amounts of data, and I am not getting it).

mbs, in all fairness, Tim did state:
This minority of heavy internet users, most of them using P2P software to trade digital work they don't own, are spoiling the party for everyone.
As I read that he meant most of the people, granted there are a few who use it for legit purposes, but he makes a valid point that the average home user will not use 30 gigs in a month for normal purposes, and that everyone knows full well that it is a shared service. But MOST only seem to care about getting their 30 gigs, as it is what they paid for, regardless of anyone else as they seem to be selfish and only care about themselfs.

I have seen a lot of people who seem to get the 30 gig accounts and download anything and everything, just because they can. Just because you can afford a ferrari, and just because you can drive at 300 km/h does not make it legal... or right in this case. I also know I'll get flamed again for that, but still
 
Last edited:
if i pay for 30gbs of trafic i AM going to use 30gbs of trafic, regardless of what anyone tells me, even if it is "rude"
 
Arcadies said:
if i pay for 30gbs of trafic i AM going to use 30gbs of trafic, regardless of what anyone tells me, even if it is "rude"

Nice attitude - sounds allot like Telkom - I will charge ridicules pay per gig rates for as long as I can, regardless of what anyone tells me, even if it is "rude".

I'm sure you will stop downloading 30Gig of crap as soon as you get charge per Gig - even if that's "rude"
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X