MacLindroid

Lotus Organizer and, subsequently Outlook, are what I have been using in Windows for years. The most important feature being a Notes app that can also sync with my smartphone. Not to mention MS OneNote...............

Currently, I run ZorinOS 7 32-bit and I have Thunderbird 17.0.6 installed. I tried Evolution but it kept crashing.

I have a Gmail account containing Notes from my former, speedily truncated life in the Apple orchard.

I also have my own private domain hosted with Afrihost and my mail account there also has a Horde-based webmail function. If I could do the same on a Linux desktop client, it'd be great.

I now want to use those Notes in Linux, be it through Thunderbird of an extra application. I would also love to sync it with my Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean phone.

For now, sync is via my mobile internet but, in future, I want o be synchronizing via ownCloud.

Is there any client application that can do all of this?

Nuro

Expert Member
Why not just use Google Keep? Use it in a browser, and apps available for Android and iOS AFAIK.

MacLindroid

Why not just use Google Keep? Use it in a browser, and apps available for Android and iOS AFAIK.

I am using Google Keep for my new Notes but it is a stupid little programme that cannot even import my existing Notes from my Gmail account. It is in this area where both Linux and Mac are dinosaurs when compared with Microsoft. The Notes function in Outlook already shines but OneNote really is the benchmark.

Gnotes can see my old Gmail Notes from my Android phone but not from within my browser. It has a browser app similar to Keep.

MacLindroid

OK, the trick was to install an add-in to Thunderbird. It is called ImportExportTools. So I exported the notes in .txt format. I then uploaded the entire folder into Drive. It works like a charm on laptop and phone.

I also repeated the export in HTML format but Drive opened the notes then as garbage.

Evidently, one needs to have Thunderbird and the correct add-in to do this. I am not sure how Evolution would be able to do this as I do not have it installed presently.