(AA3) America's Army3 who's playing?

Sinner

Hi All.

I've recently downloaded AA3 and started playing, the sad part is I can hardly get into a server, mostly because(i think) the server browser in AA3 does not work very well. however there are at least three servers that are active and easily accessed to players in SA(Low low ping).

like:196.4.79.24

And to join is a simple matter.

1. log in to the game, and select your profile.]
2. open the console(`) the tild key.
3 type open and the IP. eg: open 196.4.79.24

Ive played in some of the German servers which i get +- 100 ping, which is too high, and it was lots of fun. I'm going to try and get a few friends, who are already keen to play, to join me.
Cmon guys, Hope I get to see some of you there.

Sackboy

Executive Member
WebAfrica is setting up a server. Let's wait and see. Even the game will be freely downloadable on their server.

Sinner

WebAfrica is setting up a server. Let's wait and see. Even the game will be freely downloadable on their server.
Thats great, but the community is still so low in SA

I just got it a couple of days ago (a steam backup is available on saix's ftp server: ftp://ftp.games.saix.net/americas_army/game/AA3/).

The 196.4.79.* servers are SAIX SGS servers (http://games.saix.net/servers_full.php)

I'll hopefully see you in game soon (J_A_X). Still need to complete the training stuff tho in between playing other games :)

Cool see you there (GeneralNara)

Last edited:

BLaZor2

Expert Member
AA3 is a steaming pile of crap.
I installed it when it came out and you can't even have a decent game.

Even in the UK, I'd get timeouts, crappy ping and GFX lag like you wouldn't believe. I was running a 9800GTX so it must have been the (lack of) optimisation.
I've played many realistic simulators like Arma 2 so it wasn't the case of arcade vs simulation.

Just wait for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The frostbite engine rules!

Sinner

AA3 is a steaming pile of crap.
I installed it when it came out and you can't even have a decent game.

Even in the UK, I'd get timeouts, crappy ping and GFX lag like you wouldn't believe. I was running a 9800GTX so it must have been the (lack of) optimisation.
I've played many realistic simulators like Arma 2 so it wasn't the case of arcade vs simulation.

Just wait for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The frostbite engine rules!

That might have been true when the game was released, but now version 3.0.6 is much better, beside the server browser being buggy, I believe that it is much better than it used to be, anyway, you might want to give it another go, and find yourself surprised at how much it has improved. The only real issue now is the lack of SA players.

EDIT: I'm between GFX cards now, waiting for my new card, so I'm using a measly 9400 with no lag on my side.
even when playing on german servers, but my ping sometimes go up to 112 on there and causes lag on their side.

Last edited:

BLaZor2

Expert Member
That might have been true when the game was released, but now version 3.0.6 is much better, beside the server browser being buggy, I believe that it is much better than it used to be, anyway, you might want to give it another go, and find yourself surprised at how much it has improved. The only real issue now is the lack of SA players.

EDIT: I'm between GFX cards now, waiting for my new card, so I'm using a measly 9400 with no lag on my side.
even when playing on german servers, but my ping sometimes go up to 112 on there and causes lag on their side.

Hmm maybe when I get a new pc.
Plus AA3 has some fairly steep requirements for a free game. I doubt alot of people from SA have those pc's let alone a decent ADSL connection to play it on. Has the framework been fixed yet? It used to take ages to actually connect to a game, despite installing patches and tweaking system files....

Sinner

I'm SA and I've been playing it, with only 2 issues. 1 being the amount of people in SA playing is really poor, and 2 the server browser doesn't really detect any servers. It does detect some servers sometimes/rarely.
The requirements are not a issue for many South Africans I'm sure, the PC's I've seen at some LAN's here are extreme, and would put many other pcs to shame abroad.

Edit: connects really quickly when connecting to a SA server, +- 5 secs.

Last edited: