Absa banking app soft launch in November

ShaunyCT

Expert Member
If you have a cheque acc with a value bundle then internet banking is free with other stuff too.

http://www.absa.co.za/Absacoza/Individual/Banking/Value-Bundles/Silver-Value-Bundle

Up to 50% discount of your monthly fee for keeping a set positive balance in your cheque account for the period of your billing cycle
50% monthly fee discount for your spouse if they also open a Value Bundle account
No monthly subscription fee for Internet Banking, Cellphone Banking and Telephone Banking
Unlimited free NotifyMe and electronic payments including debit and stop orders
Unlimited debit card Point-of-Sale purchases/withdrawals
Unlimited free electronic balance enquires and free eStatements
Unlimited free electronic transfers between your linked accounts
Monthly cash back on new and existing Silver Credit Cards
Monthly cash back on new and existing Home Loans (excludes joint Home Loans)
Rollover of free unused transactions for 1 month
A number of free Absa ATM cash withdrawals and deposits and no out of bundle penalty fees.
Free debit order switching
As a valued Silver customer, you get a Lump Sum Death Benefit to the value of R 10 000

A Silver Value Bundle could be the right choice for you if you:

Earn a regular gross monthly income of R4 000 or more
Want more control of your banking fees
Would like access to a Silver Credit Card with access to exclusive offers and discounts from Visa or MasterCard
Would like access to Home Loans and overdraft facilities
The option to apply for Absa Rewards

ingeon

Better. We will have to see.

It would also help if they improve their ATM speed. They use to be simplistic and fast.
Now they are dreadfully slow (I have found one or two odd one`s that performed semi well)
Also tired of walking up to an ATM getting the red screen of death (happens to often).
The online banking reports are also pretty crappy, csv etc. fields in the exports are rather crappy
and not friendly to use (custom fields to export would be handy, better vendor identification etc.)

The banking fees are hidden in your cheque account fees (nothing is free)

Last edited:

ShaunyCT

Expert Member
Also tired of walking up to an ATM getting the red screen of death (happens to often).

Yep happens alot to me is well but i have learned to go to shops like Pick n Pay and checkers to draw money, besides somehow i feel safer, seeing that cards get cloned these days.

...The banking fees are hidden in your cheque account fees (nothing is free)

Yep true, Just like with all other banks. Banks must charge fees to pay their bills and staff and huge bonuses to the executives :p

Last edited: