ABSA & daily card limits

Tun@

Expert Member
Flexisave Atm card.
Can someone confirm for me that R4000 is the maximum cash withdrawal limit with ABSA.
They keep telling me this(tryed twice) and when i then ask well i'd like an extra card then please they tell me NO(tryed twice).

I know one can do an "over the counter cash withdrawal" + purchase goods in addition to that R4000 but i'm meaning cash withdrawals with the card.

4000 pesos isn't alot if one wants to use it overseas.
Just trying to see if its my local bank that won't budge on this or if its general.

ld13

Honorary Master
The max is R4000 yes with a normal card and R5000 with a chip card. But over the counter withdrawals inside the bank is almost limitless.

You POS usage overseas is limited to R30 000.

Tun@

Expert Member
Ok Thanks.
Will chase up & see if debit chip cards are available yet,that'll improve it a little.

Just as comparison my Australian bank card has 3x that daily limit and no problem to get an extra card which doubles that again.
Price paid for crime i guess.
THANKS!

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Ok Thanks.
Will chase up & see if debit chip cards are available yet,that'll improve it a little.

Just as comparison my Australian bank card has 3x that daily limit and no problem to get an extra card which doubles that again.
Price paid for crime i guess.
THANKS!
I don't know why they won't increase it as long as you're prepared to bear the risk, seems stupid IMO.