Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pings on speed test are also much higher than normal..

Then I also have issues streaming YouTube clips. Streaming Supersport is working ok, but at times it goes into low quality mode.

I wonder if Google is taking strain after releasing Google photos. I for one started uploading all my pictures, which I paused for now, but could be affecting network traffic all over.
 
1302932603.png
 
Last edited:
AH trace:
C:\Users\nicki>tracert -d -w 500 www.afrihost.com

Tracing route to www.afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.10.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * 153 ms 85 ms 41.181.221.253
4 42 ms 39 ms 159 ms 41.181.221.254
5 * * 115 ms 41.181.198.188
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 6 ms * * 196.44.0.217
10 * * 246 ms 41.181.185.18

Trace complete.

WA Trace:
C:\Users\nicki>tracert -d -w 500 www.afrihost.com

Tracing route to www.afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.10.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * 64 ms 80 ms 196.38.72.194
4 * * 36 ms 196.38.72.193
5 33 ms 34 ms 34 ms 196.35.115.136
6 33 ms 34 ms 34 ms 168.209.2.13
7 33 ms 34 ms 34 ms 168.209.6.131
8 34 ms 34 ms 34 ms 196.223.22.31
9 35 ms 35 ms 33 ms 196.44.0.120
10 37 ms 38 ms * 196.44.31.107
11 53 ms 67 ms 54 ms 196.44.31.66
12 51 ms 54 ms 50 ms 196.44.0.217
13 52 ms 54 ms 54 ms 41.181.185.18

Trace complete.
 
Afriguy, hopefully you can shed some light on my question that I am trying to get an answer from help desk, following was my question ...

In fact I can read, with all respect, what I was actually asking you sir was given the date of the month and the fact that I have already paid for the previous (current) package and that I have a top up today what would you, the consultant at the “HELP DESK” suggests I should do in order to migrate to uncapped, if this question is challenging please escalate my request to Gian
 
Last edited:
International throughput is really bad.

Able to watch Twitch at source during the day (as I should be able to) however as soon as the evening comes I can't even stream at medium. Works fine on other ISP accounts.

Would be nice to see better international throughput on the MTN network. Same as the whole thing with You Tube. You can't steam unless you are connecting to the South African mirrors.
 


Well my latency is really bad. I'm also pinging for london 350ms. Download speeds seems normal. Welp guess it won't ever be fixed this issue.
 
International throughput is really bad.

Able to watch Twitch at source during the day (as I should be able to) however as soon as the evening comes I can't even stream at medium. Works fine on other ISP accounts.

Would be nice to see better international throughput on the MTN network. Same as the whole thing with You Tube. You can't steam unless you are connecting to the South African mirrors.

I have the same problem. Net is fine during the day but after around 18:00 my ping is 300+ in-game and I can't even stream Twitch on low. On TeamSpeak right now my ping is 160ms when it's usually around 40.
 
On Afrihost

Code:
ping mybroadband.co.za

Pinging mybroadband.co.za [197.242.89.170] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=199ms TTL=51
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=201ms TTL=51
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=212ms TTL=51
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=188ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 197.242.89.170:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 188ms, Maximum = 212ms, Average = 200ms

Code:
tracert mybroadband.co.za

Tracing route to mybroadband.co.za [197.242.89.170]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  home.gateway.pace.net [192.168.1.1]
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3   216 ms   173 ms   171 ms  41.181.53.213
  4   203 ms   146 ms   150 ms  ipc-send-tb-3a.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.53.214]
  5   223 ms   160 ms   155 ms  tb-dca-2.za--qux-c.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.19
8.188]
  6   174 ms   177 ms   176 ms  unc-cpt-1.mtnns.net [196.44.18.8]
  7   171 ms   173 ms   167 ms  196.44.31.106
  8   186 ms   187 ms   186 ms  nl-ha-2.za--rb-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.0.121
]
  9   173 ms   171 ms   165 ms  africainx.cinx.net.za [196.223.22.47]
 10   186 ms   183 ms   182 ms  CORE.GP-CN-HET-MEE-1.TO.GP-HV-ICT-MEE-1.DFA.P2P.
10G.za.africainx.net [41.84.13.66]
 11   199 ms   202 ms   199 ms  41-66-132-246-f6.HET001-CPE-1-to-GP-CN-HET-MEE-1
.africainx.net [41.66.132.246]
 12   207 ms   216 ms   218 ms  core-access-switch1.jnb1.host-h.net [197.189.193
.1]
 13   209 ms   210 ms   209 ms  row-access-switch1-row3-4.jnb1.host-h.net [197.1
89.193.36]
 14   221 ms   217 ms   218 ms  197.242.89.170

Trace complete.


On webafrica
Code:
mybroadband.co.za

Pinging mybroadband.co.za [197.242.89.170] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=50
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=50
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=50
Reply from 197.242.89.170: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=50

Ping statistics for 197.242.89.170:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 25ms, Average = 24ms
Code:
tracert mybroadband.co.za

Tracing route to mybroadband.co.za [197.242.89.170]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1    <1 ms     2 ms    <1 ms  home.gateway.pace.net [192.168.1.1]
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    55 ms     7 ms     7 ms  cdsl2-ctn-vl2473-ipc.ip.isnet.net [196.38.72.194
]
  4     7 ms     7 ms     6 ms  vlan2473.cdsl2-ctn.isdsl.net [196.38.72.193]
  5     7 ms     6 ms     6 ms  196.35.115.136
  6     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  mi-za-cpt-p8-te0-7-0-0.ip.isnet.net [168.209.2.1
3]
  7     7 ms     8 ms     8 ms  css1-ctn-gi0-2.ip.isnet.net [168.209.6.10]
  8     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  196.36.84.154
  9    24 ms    24 ms    24 ms  CORE.GP-CN-HET-MEE-1.TO.GP-HV-ICT-MEE-1.DFA.P2P.
10G.za.africainx.net [41.84.13.66]
 10    25 ms    25 ms    25 ms  41-66-132-246-f6.HET001-CPE-1-to-GP-CN-HET-MEE-1
.africainx.net [41.66.132.246]
 11    26 ms    25 ms    25 ms  core-access-switch1.jnb1.host-h.net [197.189.193
.1]
 12    26 ms    27 ms    31 ms  row-access-switch1-row3-4.jnb1.host-h.net [197.1
89.193.36]
 13    24 ms    24 ms    24 ms  197.242.89.170

Trace complete.

Note that I swapped afrihost > webafrica for the pings, then swapped webafrica > afrihost for the tracert.
These are local tracerts. 400ping for smite, 380ms for HotS on Afrihost. Less than half on Webafrica.
 
Yep same issue as always on Afrihost evenings in cape town = terrible pings, high packet loss. Right now on afrihost have 300ms in wow switch to web africa I have 170, the funny thing is I have opened like loads of tickets and even posted here and not a SINGLE person has even tried to help me or admit there is an issue I just get ignored.
 
MTN and Afrihost what is wrong i have a free 1 gig account from you guys and get 21 ms latency to capetown on my mweb account when i switched to you guys as backup i got 222 ms latency really glad i never switched to you your network has gone down the drain
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4398980346
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X