Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are looking good on the East. Consistent latency and speeds at all times here.

Great job guys, keep it up.
 
My Afrihost connection is insanely slow, manage to open local sites but international seems broken? Telkom account working 100% but is at 99% and I need it for nightsurfer. Can you assist?

 
My Afrihost connection is insanely slow, manage to open local sites but international seems broken? Telkom account working 100% but is at 99% and I need it for nightsurfer. Can you assist?


Wow, something is definitely off there. Can you please send me a PM with your ADSL username, I want to quickly check things on my side.
 
Afrihost - What's going on?
EVERY night I'm seeing slow downloads and high latency to local sites. Pings over 100ms constantly.
4MB capped account - Cape Town
 
Afrihost - What's going on?
EVERY night I'm seeing slow downloads and high latency to local sites. Pings over 100ms constantly.
4MB capped account - Cape Town

Sorry to hear that dude :(
Have you managed to grab some tests to see where the latency is coming in?

Latency looked OK in the South from our end last night, so I hate to think it, but this could possibly be related to congestion. Paste some tests and we can confirm things though.
 
Sorry to hear that dude :(
Have you managed to grab some tests to see where the latency is coming in?

Latency looked OK in the South from our end last night, so I hate to think it, but this could possibly be related to congestion. Paste some tests and we can confirm things though.

Only did pings
Tested with another account and it was fine.
This has been happening all week
 
I'll need to check out a traceroute please :)
Would you mind posting some when you're testing this evening?

I'm honestly sick of posting tests.
1. I notice latency and slow downloads in the evening & I post the test with a comparison test using a WA account.
2. You guys try to convince me that the 2 accounts are performing the same - Even though it's clear the WA is miles ahead of the AH account.
3. We end up PMing
4. Afri** tests my account and it runs fine.
5. Next evening when I get home from work (after 6pm) - Slow
6. Repeat.

Something is wrong on your side. I don't know whether is capacity, shaping problems or the weather but something is not right.
 
I'm honestly sick of posting tests.
1. I notice latency and slow downloads in the evening & I post the test with a comparison test using a WA account.
2. You guys try to convince me that the 2 accounts are performing the same - Even though it's clear the WA is miles ahead of the AH account.
3. We end up PMing
4. Afri** tests my account and it runs fine.
5. Next evening when I get home from work (after 6pm) - Slow
6. Repeat.

Something is wrong on your side. I don't know whether is capacity, shaping problems or the weather but something is not right.

I know running tests is a las.
I can't see any PMs between us apart from the upgrade you recently did. Either way, drop me a PM with your DSL username and I can have the account escalate. From there, our team will test the account with you and work on a way forward.
 
Not sure if its afrihost related, but i can't connect to any servers on cs go it times out. Yet i can ping intoxicated via cmd. Tried restarting steam didn't help. Only started happening now, was fine this morning.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X