Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any issues with Afrihost and Supersport streaming? I'm going to be streaming F1 this weekend. Since there were problems with SS and AH in the past I have never tried streaming Supersport on Afrihost during an F1 race. Up until now, I had an IS account for Supersport Streaming.

This weekend, I have a choice between my Afrihost Capped data and Vox Uncapped Bolt-On.

There should definitely not be any issues with Streaming content from SuperSport on an Afrihost account.

Would you be able to test this beforehand? If there are any issues, we can make sure they are resolved before the Grand Prix this weekend.
 
View attachment 221456

left side is with a CrystalWeb test account...right side is with my Afrihost account.

CrystalWeb speedtest
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4401308465

Afrihost speedtest
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4399265717

Something is definitely off there... The latency on both accounts on the third hop is higher than it should be, but it looks like the Afrihost account is being affected to a much greater degree. Could you send me a PM with your account details please.
 
Afrihost account

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\SlowHands>tracert www.google.co.za

Tracing route to www.google.co.za [216.58.223.3]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 2 ms 2 ms HOME [172.18.81.39]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 68 ms 85 ms 98 ms 41.181.53.149
4 31 ms 34 ms 31 ms ipc-recieve-tb-1a.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.53.150
]
5 44 ms 22 ms 44 ms tb-dca-2.za--qux-c.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.19
8.188]
6 35 ms 75 ms 32 ms compj-cpt-1.mtnns.net [196.44.18.2]
7 81 ms 74 ms 115 ms ct-cr-2.za--tb-cr-1.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.134]

8 121 ms 100 ms 51 ms rb-cr-1.za--ct-cr-2.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.69]

9 85 ms 57 ms 80 ms 41.181.139.109
10 77 ms 64 ms 72 ms 72.14.194.74
11 38 ms 60 ms 49 ms 72.14.237.239
12 64 ms 44 ms 40 ms jnb01s07-in-f3.1e100.net [216.58.223.3]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\SlowHands>



Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\SlowHands>tracert afrihost.com

Tracing route to afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms HOME [172.18.81.39]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 40 ms 87 ms 92 ms 41.181.53.149
4 18 ms 56 ms 34 ms ipc-recieve-tb-1a.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.53.150
]
5 55 ms 193 ms 55 ms tb-dca-2.za--qux-c.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.19
8.188]
6 46 ms 76 ms 61 ms unc-cpt-1.mtnns.net [196.44.18.8]
7 112 ms 89 ms 119 ms jh-cr-1.za--tb-cr-2.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.66]

8 87 ms 125 ms 71 ms jh-dca-1.za--jh-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.0.21
7]
9 83 ms 66 ms 63 ms 18.185.181.41.in-addr.aserv.co.za [41.181.185.18
]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\SlowHands>
 
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 279 | 279 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 55 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 41.181.51.181 - 0 | 279 | 279 | 7 | 54 | 317 | 9 |
| 41.181.51.182 - 0 | 279 | 279 | 7 | 21 | 133 | 7 |
| tb-dca-2.za--qux-i.za.mtnbusiness.net - 0 | 279 | 279 | 7 | 18 | 107 | 10 |
| compj-cpt-1.mtnns.net - 0 | 279 | 279 | 7 | 20 | 106 | 9 |
| ls-cr-2--tb-cr-1.uk-b.mtnns.net - 0 | 279 | 279 | 151 | 171 | 287 | 188 |
| am-cr-1.nl--ls-cr-2.uk-a.mtnns.net - 0 | 279 | 279 | 173 | 200 | 289 | 179 |
| am-tpr-1.nl--am-cr-1.nl-a.mtn.net - 1 | 275 | 274 | 165 | 175 | 267 | 166 |
| amsix01-ams1.amazon.com - 1 | 275 | 274 | 172 | 185 | 267 | 173 |
| 178.236.3.37 - 47 | 97 | 52 | 0 | 182 | 204 | 179 |
| No response from host - 100 | 55 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 178.236.0.175 - 47 | 97 | 52 | 0 | 191 | 207 | 195 |
| 178.236.0.175 - 0 | 279 | 279 | 180 | 194 | 287 | 185 |
| 178.236.0.218 - 1 | 275 | 274 | 176 | 188 | 267 | 177 |
| 176.32.106.133 - 5 | 235 | 224 | 177 | 185 | 266 | 177 |
| No response from host - 100 | 55 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 55 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
|ec2-54-171-92-25.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com - 47 | 97 | 52 | 0 | 186 | 214 | 176 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

6:00 PM half an hour ago was working fine 6:00 happens and BOOM 47% packet loss to a type frag server, web africa account works fine so does CW thoughts?
 
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 279 | 279 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 55 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 41.181.51.181 - 0 | 279 | 279 | 7 | 54 | 317 | 9 |
| 41.181.51.182 - 0 | 279 | 279 | 7 | 21 | 133 | 7 |
| tb-dca-2.za--qux-i.za.mtnbusiness.net - 0 | 279 | 279 | 7 | 18 | 107 | 10 |
| compj-cpt-1.mtnns.net - 0 | 279 | 279 | 7 | 20 | 106 | 9 |
| ls-cr-2--tb-cr-1.uk-b.mtnns.net - 0 | 279 | 279 | 151 | 171 | 287 | 188 |
| am-cr-1.nl--ls-cr-2.uk-a.mtnns.net - 0 | 279 | 279 | 173 | 200 | 289 | 179 |
| am-tpr-1.nl--am-cr-1.nl-a.mtn.net - 1 | 275 | 274 | 165 | 175 | 267 | 166 |
| amsix01-ams1.amazon.com - 1 | 275 | 274 | 172 | 185 | 267 | 173 |
| 178.236.3.37 - 47 | 97 | 52 | 0 | 182 | 204 | 179 |
| No response from host - 100 | 55 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 178.236.0.175 - 47 | 97 | 52 | 0 | 191 | 207 | 195 |
| 178.236.0.175 - 0 | 279 | 279 | 180 | 194 | 287 | 185 |
| 178.236.0.218 - 1 | 275 | 274 | 176 | 188 | 267 | 177 |
| 176.32.106.133 - 5 | 235 | 224 | 177 | 185 | 266 | 177 |
| No response from host - 100 | 55 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 55 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
|ec2-54-171-92-25.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com - 47 | 97 | 52 | 0 | 186 | 214 | 176 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

6:00 PM half an hour ago was working fine 6:00 happens and BOOM 47% packet loss to a type frag server, web africa account works fine so does CW thoughts?

That seems very sudden... This is usually increased demand from 18h00, but it certainly shouldn't be causing that much packet loss. Would you mind posting traceroute using a CW or WA account?
 
Oh wow... That's strange.. Our Team is investigating!

Definetely related to afrihost... I have a Telkom account setup as dialup:
Status: Downloading
Speed: 1.0 MB/s

Afrihost 2min later:
Status: Idle
Speed: 7 B/s

All servers report timeouts...
 
Definetely related to afrihost... I have a Telkom account setup as dialup:
Status: Downloading
Speed: 1.0 MB/s

Afrihost 2min later:
Status: Idle
Speed: 7 B/s

All servers report timeouts...

Thanks for checking for me! That does actually help quite a bit in narrowing down the potential causes!
 
Afrihost, I have been quiet for awhile. I have tried to be patient, but I am now at my wits end.
If you guys don't sort out the southern regions by the 20th of this month I will be cancelling. last month I used my Telkom account to stream my media, and only used your account this weekend for torrents (and by the way it only works early hours in the morning)

My usage has shifted from downloading to streaming, and everything sucks,why is it Telkom streams any media I watch without an issue. as soon as i use Afrihost its down the drain ?
Your post of "Oh I'm sorry to hear, please send me a trace route and your DSLl account info so we can test" to each person that complains is totally ridiculous. if someone says it works fine on another provider you make it seem its a personal Afrihost account setting ?

I'm actually really upset that I got my company to support you with both DSL accounts and Hosting solutions.
but believe me I am working on making a plan to move them away too.

At the end of the day my experience with you is not just based on my own internet usage at home, but is ACTUALLY A PERCEPTION COVERING AFRIHOST AS A COMPANY IN GENERAL.

So its word and mouth negatively influencing how Afrihost and MTN comes across as a business with issues across the board.
I am starting to despise your group.

I wonder if Giaan ever reads this forum, You never hear from anymore, probarbly in shame.
Please give us a time frame on when the southern regions will be sorted, and please update your status page accordingly because you guys are so dishonest when it comes to real world issues.

And yes I am finally P1$$ed of with Afrihost more than you realise.

And please don't come with a reply "I am sorry you feel that way" !!!!! you'll p1$$ me off even more.
 
Last edited:
Afrihost, I have been quiet for awhile. I have tried to be patient, but I am now at my wits end.
If you guys don't sort out the southern regions by the 20th of this month I will be cancelling. last month I used my Telkom account to stream my media, and only used your account this weekend for torrents (and by the way it only works early hours in the morning)

My usage has shifted from downloading to streaming, and everything sucks,why is it Telkom streams any media I watch without an issue. as soon as i use Afrihost its down the drain ?
Your post of "Oh I'm sorry to hear, please send me a trace route and your DSLl account info so we can test" to each person that complains is totally ridiculous. if someone says it works fine on another provider you make it seem its a personal Afrihost account setting ?

I'm actually really upset that I got my company to support you with both DSL accounts and Hosting solutions.
but believe me I am working on making a plan to move them away too.

At the end of the day my experience with you is not just based on my own internet usage at home, but is ACTUALLY A PERCEPTION COVERING AFRIHOST AS A COMPANY IN GENERAL.

So its word and mouth negatively influencing how Afrihost and MTN comes across as a business with issues across the board.
I am starting to despise your group.

I wonder if Giaan ever reads this forum, You never hear from anymore, probarbly in shame.
Please give us a time frame on when the southern regions will be sorted, and please update your status page accordingly because you guys are so dishonest when it comes to real world issues.

And yes I am finally P1$$ed of with Afrihost more than you realise.

And please don't come with a reply "I am sorry you feel that way" !!!!! you'll p1$$ me off even more.

I'm personally disappointed to hear that your account performance has not been at what it should be. As our Client you should have a reliable and stable connection at all times.

I will need to look into this personally, would you mind sending me a PM with your account details?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X