Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
P2P is non-existent today. Ubuntu 14.10 won't even start downloading, and there are plenty seeders. Is there a problem?
 
Thanks!

It seems that most of the Users reporting increased latency are in that region.

Well then it remains if most of the users reporting increased latency in this region then surely it should be added as a network status on the site for the region?

*Edit I see you said its going to normalize soon. When exactly is soon? Tomorrow?
 
Last edited:
All gone to **** again.
Come on guys what's happening?
As always the status board is green.
Latency is awful.
Youtube is buffering like heck on a 20mbps connection :(

EDIT: No issues on CrystalWeb account.
 
Last edited:
400 MS in the South usual evening problems I look forward to posting again tommorow
 
Axxess, which is also on MTN is having the same issues with latency.

They say it is contention, but the excuses are similar and it is never fixed. Axxess is owned by Afrihost.
 
Axxess, which is also on MTN is having the same issues with latency.

They say it is contention, but the excuses are similar and it is never fixed. Axxess is owned by Afrihost.

Well this morning I can't download much... NOT IMPRESSED. The situation a week ago was very different:mad:
 
Hmmm. Have a string of software updates to do (in order to do work ... you know, the stuff that pays the bills) and it ain't happening.

What is it this time?
 
Last edited:
And the daily dose of latency issues and tracerts (CT) first taken @ 3am second batch taken @11:45am
3am
=Afrihost=

Tracing route to www.afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms 105-236-5-193-esr-lo.mtnbusiness.co.za [105.236.5.193]
3 12 ms 13 ms 13 ms ipc-recieve-tb-2a.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.54.86]


4 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms tb-dca-2.za--qux-c.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.198.188]
5 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms unc-cpt-1.mtnns.net [196.44.18.8]
6 33 ms 33 ms 33 ms pe-cr-2.za--el-mse-1.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.66]

7 31 ms 32 ms 33 ms jh-dca-1.za--jh-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.0.217]
8 34 ms 32 ms 33 ms 18.185.181.41.in-addr.aserv.co.za [41.181.185.18]

It looks fantastic when it works doesn't it.


11:45am
=Afrihost=

Tracing route to www.afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 11 ms 10 ms 10 ms 105-236-5-193-esr-lo.mtnbusiness.co.za [105.236.5.193]
3 115 ms 113 ms 111 ms ipc-recieve-tb-2a.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.54.86]

4 123 ms 117 ms 115 ms tb-dca-2.za--qux-c.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.198.188]
5 114 ms 115 ms 120 ms unc-cpt-1.mtnns.net [196.44.18.8]
6 118 ms 124 ms 122 ms jh-cr-1.za--tb-cr-2.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.66]
7 181 ms 176 ms 161 ms jh-dca-1.za--jh-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.0.217]
8 137 ms 126 ms 123 ms 18.185.181.41.in-addr.aserv.co.za [41.181.185.18]

Trace complete.

=Web Africa=
Tracing route to www.afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms 196-210-150-129.dynamic.isadsl.co.za [196.210.150.129]
3 13 ms 13 ms 12 ms cdsl2-ctn-vl2276.ip.isnet.net [196.38.72.125]
4 12 ms 13 ms 12 ms 196.35.115.136
5 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms mi-za-cpt-p8-te0-0-0-0.ip.isnet.net [168.209.6.13]
6 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms 168.209.6.130
7 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms 41-208-29-210.mtnns.net [41.208.29.210]
8 13 ms 16 ms 13 ms rb-cr-1.za.nl-ha-2.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.0.120]
9 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms tb-cr-2.za--ct-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.31.107]
10 32 ms 32 ms 32 ms jh-cr-1.za--tb-cr-2.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.66]
11 34 ms 35 ms 35 ms jh-dca-1.za--jh-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.0.217]
12 34 ms 34 ms 35 ms 18.185.181.41.in-addr.aserv.co.za [41.181.185.18]


Trace complete.
 
Oh look... here in the South on Afrihost capped accounts...

4436413166.png


4436417984.png


I guess this is the new normal and is to be expected, I mean, months and months of this and no end in sight.

Constrained, contended, not throttled, not shaped, bombing copacetic and all that jazz.

Quack quack quack quack waddle waddle waddle

/FFS

/meh
 
Last edited:


1:51pm, so you saying, that I can't game at all anymore, unless I play at 00:00am. nice

GAOFs58.png
 
Last edited:
Oh look... here in the South on Afrihost capped accounts...

4436413166.png


4436417984.png


I guess this is the new normal and is to be expected, I mean, months and months of this and no end in sight.

Constrained, contended, not throttled, not shaped, bombing copacetic and all that jazz.

Quack quack quack quack waddle waddle waddle

/FFS

/meh

+1 - latency and speeds down in CPT are rubbish.
 
Mine is worse than useless. I have switched to my Telkom account which is over-use and throttled, and getting better speeds than on any of my Afrihost accounts.
That is truly dismal.
40kB/s on a throttles Telkom account, 2kB/s on Afrihost uncapped.
 
But I don't get what could possibly be the problem, how can it be one moment fantastic and then in 1 minute from 9ms to 250ms on battlefield 4 or any other Local game, I'm even to scared to go check International games.

It is like 2:37 pm, this usually only occurs at evenings why now in afternoons as well. I would really would love to know what the actual problem causing this, I know for certain it is not Loadshedding, not congestion. It's like I'm using Wireless internet that is so unreliable.

I'm so tired of checking speedtest always just to see if I can actually play some games or actually download something. My clan members actually getting annoyed by me, for not playing with them anymore, since I can't and don't want to spend money whole time on other ISP's just to play a few games really.

I just want a straight forward answer what is causing this, so I can at least know and not be let in the dark and get frustrated for no reason.

Thanks.
 
We're aware of the higher than normal latency in the South, should be normalising soon.
For the record.
STILL NOT NORMALIZED.

AH - 265ms on saix.net speedtest.
Pingtrace
Code:
Target Name: www.afrihost.com
         IP: 41.181.185.18
  Date/Time: 16-Jun-15 14:40:31 to 16-Jun-15 14:40:54

Hop Sent Err PL% Min Max Avg  Host Name / [IP]
 1    10   0 0.0   1  17   6  home.gateway.home.gateway [192.168.1.254]
 2    10   0 0.0   9 57  28  105-236-240-129-esr-lo.mtnbusiness.co.za [105.236.240.129]
 3    10   0 0.0 229 456 304  ipc-recieve-tb-1a.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.53.150]
 4    10   0 0.0 221 408 273  tb-dca-2.za--qux-c.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.198.188]
 5    10   0 0.0 203 425 270  unc-cpt-1.mtnns.net [196.44.18.8]
 6    10   0 0.0 276 421 313  jh-cr-1.za--tb-cr-2.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.66]
 7    10   0 0.0 222 370 269  jh-dca-1.za--jh-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.0.217]
 8    10   0 0.0 215 388 258  www.afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]

CW - 14ms on saix.net speedtest.
Pingtrace
Code:
Target Name: www.afrihost.com
         IP: 41.181.185.18
  Date/Time: 16-Jun-15 14:35:19 to 16-Jun-15 14:36:21

Hop Sent Err PL% Min Max Avg  Host Name / [IP]
 1    26   0 0.0   1 50  18  home.gateway.home.gateway [192.168.1.254]
 2    26   0 0.0   9 133  37  196-210-117-1.dynamic.isadsl.co.za [196.210.117.1]
 3    26   0 0.0  11 125  33  vlan2473.cdsl2-ctn.isdsl.net [196.38.72.193]
 4    26   0 0.0  11 133  36  [196.35.115.136]
 5    26   0 0.0  11 195  39  mi-za-cpt-p8-te0-7-0-0.ip.isnet.net [168.209.2.13]
 6    26   0 0.0  11 145  34  [168.209.6.131]
 7    26   0 0.0  11 148  28  mtnns-2.cinx.net.za [196.223.22.31]
 8    26   0 0.0  11 132  26  [196.44.0.75]
 9    26   0 0.0  29 202  58  rb-cr-1.za--ct-cr-2.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.69]
10    18   0 0.0  29 152  52  jh-cr-2.za--rb-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.31.95]
11    26   0 0.0  29 152  50  jh-dca-1.za--jh-cr-2.za-a.mtnns.net [41.181.180.8]
12    26   0 0.0  29 148  51  www.afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]
 
I don't know if we are Philanthropists or masochists but we keep forking out to keep Afrihost and MTN profitable, month after Month and get nothing in return. By the looks of it, whenever the Help-desk closes for the weekend or a public holiday someone throws a switch to turn off the South IPC .

I think it is pretty obvious by now that they don't give a damn about the South, Cape Town in Particular, and have absolutely no intention of either admitting publicly that there is a problem or spending a cent to fix it.

We are the fools for continuing to pay and believing the PR rubbish and statements of "SOON" that we are fed every day.
I bet they are all sitting around at home with the Bank Balance on one screen, the Network load on another and laughing them selves silly at our gullibility.
 
Why does this always seem to happen in CT on holidays and weekends, typically Sundays? Everybody comes on here, complains bitterly and all we get is a load of platitudes and promises from the forum reps the next day.

Closing my last AH account now. Sad, but there have been issues on and off since the MTN switchover and two years later users should not still be struggling like this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X