Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have tested my line a good 3-4 times... Still waiting on feedback from the last time it was sent to your technical team... Also, not line issue, as it is fine with other ISP's...

As you can see from my post #885

Sorry we haven't gotten back to you previously :( Is there a ref# that I can follow up on?
 
A simple suggestion from behavioural economics would be for you to allow roll-over (at least for a 1 month window). At the very least this will negate the massive demands for bandwidth you see towards the end of the month.
 
Sorry we haven't gotten back to you previously :( Is there a ref# that I can follow up on?

PM conversaion with you at 20-05-2015 01:10 PM was the last contact i had. Never recieved a Ref#
 
A simple suggestion from behavioural economics would be for you to allow roll-over (at least for a 1 month window). At the very least this will negate the massive demands for bandwidth you see towards the end of the month.

There will always be a bigger spike at month end, especially when it's over a weekend. I'm not sure if rolling data over will negate that completely.
 
PM conversaion with you at 20-05-2015 01:10 PM was the last contact i had. Never recieved a Ref#

Coolios, will take a look through and see where things have been escalated off to :) Will get back to you via PM.
 
There will always be a bigger spike at month end, especially when it's over a weekend. I'm not sure if rolling data over will negate that completely.

This is true, but the incentive to consume everything at month end will largely be removed...might see a two monthly spike though but would be interesting to see its effects...hmmm... good topic for a journal article! :P
 
This is true, but the incentive to consume everything at month end will largely be removed...might see a two monthly spike though but would be interesting to see its effects...hmmm... good topic for a journal article! :P

I agree, it would be interesting to see! At this stage though, I'm not sure if it's something we can feasibly look at right now though :(
 
Ok at last I got a real response from afrihost I have been someone with these issues for 4 months now but at least someone admitted to me there is an issue and no amount of tracerts. pings. prayers is going to fix it :

"My sincerest apologies for the delayed response

Currently we are experiencing an issue with our Southern IPC which is affecting DSL connectivity. Numerous clients are experiencing packet loss and high latency, this also results in slow speeds.
MTN are aware of the issue and already have their engineers working on the issue. Unfortunately we have not been supplied with an ETA for a resolution as of yet, however this issue is very high priority and we will do our best to restore all services as fast as possible.

Thank you very much for your time and patience. If you have any queries or issues at all, please let us know and we will do our best to supply as much information as possible.

Have a great day and please let me know if I can help with anything else!"

So there it is MTN is ****ed as we all guessed here in cape town and they must have been "working" on this issue for months, I really would love to see that network status page change but one step at a time.
 
Sorry to hear :(
Did things improve for you at all?

Happens literally every day.

Worse during the day on the week. Can't get source quality any time during the day during the week. Every evening I have to drop the quality all the way down if I want to stream.

Not sure why I need to explain this as I am sure you and/or MTN are well aware of the contention on your international links.
 
Ok at last I got a real response from afrihost I have been someone with these issues for 4 months now but at least someone admitted to me there is an issue and no amount of tracerts. pings. prayers is going to fix it :

"My sincerest apologies for the delayed response

Currently we are experiencing an issue with our Southern IPC which is affecting DSL connectivity. Numerous clients are experiencing packet loss and high latency, this also results in slow speeds.
MTN are aware of the issue and already have their engineers working on the issue. Unfortunately we have not been supplied with an ETA for a resolution as of yet, however this issue is very high priority and we will do our best to restore all services as fast as possible.

Thank you very much for your time and patience. If you have any queries or issues at all, please let us know and we will do our best to supply as much information as possible.

Have a great day and please let me know if I can help with anything else!"

So there it is MTN is ****ed as we all guessed here in cape town and they must have been "working" on this issue for months, I really would love to see that network status page change but one step at a time.

I think this was meant to cover the weekend, we did see high latency on both Saturday and Sunday I'm afraid :(
Things do seem a little better today.
 
Happens literally every day.

Worse during the day on the week. Can't get source quality any time during the day during the week. Every evening I have to drop the quality all the way down if I want to stream.

Not sure why I need to explain this as I am sure you and/or MTN are well aware of the contention on your international links.

I don't think there should be any issues on any uplinks. Do you maybe have a ref# for me to follow through?
 
I think this was meant to cover the weekend, we did see high latency on both Saturday and Sunday I'm afraid :(
Things do seem a little better today.

Well "Numerous clients are experiencing packet loss and high latency, this also results in slow speeds." have been going on for months, why would you say this weekend is any different or not related? I'm sure Afrihost would not have escalated this to MTN from just a few calls on a weekend/Monday morning?? If your new fancy Network Monitoring software cannot show the trend in capacity overload (and one weekend brings Afrihost to its knees) then you have wasted a lot of money!
 
About 2 months ago I moved away from Web Africa to Afrihost.

Around a week ago, I ran out of cap on my Web Africa and moved over to an Afrihost account that I won. I was quite surprised that for the week I used Afrihost, there were no problems at all, everything worked. So are the issues fixed now? Streaming Netflix without any issues.

I am scared to move back to Afrihost again, but for the price I am paying Web Africa for a 4mbit line and 60GB daytime data, I can get a 10mbit line with 100gb of day time data from Afrihost
 
Well "Numerous clients are experiencing packet loss and high latency, this also results in slow speeds." have been going on for months, why would you say this weekend is any different or not related? I'm sure Afrihost would not have escalated this to MTN from just a few calls on a weekend/Monday morning?? If your new fancy Network Monitoring software cannot show the trend in capacity overload (and one weekend brings Afrihost to its knees) then you have wasted a lot of money!

I know we have queries open around TS/ CS:GO services with MTN - but not an overall escalation around packet loss across the board. Things have been particularly poor this weekend, hence mentioning it :)
 
About 2 months ago I moved away from Web Africa to Afrihost.

Around a week ago, I ran out of cap on my Web Africa and moved over to an Afrihost account that I won. I was quite surprised that for the week I used Afrihost, there were no problems at all, everything worked. So are the issues fixed now? Streaming Netflix without any issues.

I am scared to move back to Afrihost again, but for the price I am paying Web Africa for a 4mbit line and 60GB daytime data, I can get a 10mbit line with 100gb of day time data from Afrihost

Between the week and now I don't think performance would have degraded too much. The best indicator would be for you to use the account and check the results first hand :)
 
I think this was meant to cover the weekend, we did see high latency on both Saturday and Sunday I'm afraid :(
Things do seem a little better today.

And yet clientzone still has the green light on DSL.
 
I recently upgraded my 4mbps business uncapped to a 150gb capped account on a 20mbps VDSL line...everything was fine until this weekend...SERIOUSLY low performance!!! This morning before work it "looked" better...I thought everything was sorted out. Got home now and did a speedtest...meh

Brackenfell region, Western Cape

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4399265717

I haven't logged a call yet but I will now...seriously Afrihost if you know you have problems why don't you do something about it...clearly this is not a user specific problem...I've seen multiple people here on MyBB complain now.
 
I recently upgraded my 4mbps business uncapped to a 150gb capped account on a 20mbps VDSL line...everything was fine until this weekend...SERIOUSLY low performance!!! This morning before work it "looked" better...I thought everything was sorted out. Got home now and did a speedtest...meh

Brackenfell region, Western Cape

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4399265717

I haven't logged a call yet but I will now...seriously Afrihost if you know you have problems why don't you do something about it...clearly this is not a user specific problem...I've seen multiple people here on MyBB complain now.

I have a feeling the latency is probably causing that significant drop in performance.

Would you be able to run a traceroute to Afrihost.com and Google.co.za perhaps?
 
Any issues with Afrihost and Supersport streaming? I'm going to be streaming F1 this weekend. Since there were problems with SS and AH in the past I have never tried streaming Supersport on Afrihost during an F1 race. Up until now, I had an IS account for Supersport Streaming.

This weekend, I have a choice between my Afrihost Capped data and Vox Uncapped Bolt-On.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X