Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
"early this week" is almost finished...how is AH coming along with their promise to go live with the new POC "early this week"

?

Looks like some users have already received POC accounts on AfriGreen
 
Ok so the POCs are live which is all good and well. But AH, what measures are being taken to ensure this never happens again?
 
Ok so the POCs are live which is all good and well. But AH, what measures are being taken to ensure this never happens again?

Let's get through the testing first :)
In short though, we know what needs improving and those areas are being concentrated on.
 
Let's get through the testing first :)
In short though, we know what needs improving and those areas are being concentrated on.

Good for you, now stop treating us like idiots and let us know, the answer to the valid question above!
 
Let's get through the testing first :)
In short though, we know what needs improving and those areas are being concentrated on.

Am I still able to sign up end of month as I am in Vienna till end of month?

On a side note, my connection here outside of Vienna is slower due to distance of the ADSL than my connection at home in CT lol.
Though the apartment in Vienna has 500Mbps which is more comparable due to both being within cities.
 
Good for you, now stop treating us like idiots and let us know, the answer to the valid question above!

As I said, let's get through testing first. That's priority.
I think the issues have been clear that need fixing, overall it's providing a consistently good experience to our clients.

I'm not sure how much more detail you'd like?
 
Am I still able to sign up end of month as I am in Vienna till end of month?

On a side note, my connection here outside of Vienna is slower due to distance of the ADSL than my connection at home in CT lol.
Though the apartment in Vienna has 500Mbps which is more comparable due to both being within cities.

You can indeed, you can signup for the POC here https://www.afrihost.com/landing/network_test/
 
As I said, let's get through testing first. That's priority.
I think the issues have been clear that need fixing, overall it's providing a consistently good experience to our clients.

I'm not sure how much more detail you'd like?

Well I for one would like to have some kind of assurance that this won't happen again. Because at the moment, if you look at the pattern there is something that breaks every 4 - 6 months.
 
Well I for one would like to have some kind of assurance that this won't happen again. Because at the moment, if you look at the pattern there is something that breaks every 4 - 6 months.

And the improvements we're working on want to tackle that directly.
Realistically, there will always some form of issues or another - we just need to make sure we limit them to as little as possible.
 
And the improvements we're working on want to tackle that directly.
Realistically, there will always some form of issues or another - we just need to make sure we limit them to as little as possible.

Well here's to hoping that the POC isn't just the shiny new toy that also eventually becomes dirty and broken. Excuse my pessimism.
 
Well here's to hoping that the POC isn't just the shiny new toy that also eventually becomes dirty and broken. Excuse my pessimism.

It's understandable.
I think I can post a bunch of stuff here, the proof is in the pudding though. So let's give it some time :)
 
I am sorry but I am not nearly as optimistic as the reps and others...
How long is this going to last? Likely a few months, until every Tom, Dick and Harry is on the new networks... then the old one will be just fine and the new ones will cause people to start new 70 page threads here about their grievances...

This has been happening a lot... and it all comes down to the fact that companies in this space, want to get away with max profits, and as little spend as possible. After all, the shareholders want their kilo of flesh...
 
New test account : Afrigreen

Tracing route to google.com [216.58.223.14]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3 ms 1 ms 1 ms ZyXEL.Home [192.168.1.1]
2 9 ms 10 ms 9 ms 169-0-62-1-access.afrihost.co.za [169.0.62.1]
3 38 ms 36 ms 36 ms 41.170.79.230
4 33 ms 33 ms 32 ms 41.170.79.236
5 34 ms 35 ms 38 ms google.jb1.napafrica.net [196.46.25.166]
6 33 ms 33 ms 33 ms 72.14.237.239
7 33 ms 32 ms 32 ms jnb01s07-in-f14.1e100.net [216.58.223.14]

Trace complete.

Speed test


Line sync at 27
 
Youtube on 1080p still buffers.. on my vox account it's 100%

Remember, you're in the South - so for now you're routing via the North and back again. That may be the cause for higher quality streaming.
The feedback has definitely been noted though!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X