Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well guess what...

The heavy bandwidth users are finally off the existing network...
The speeds and low latencies have returned... but what worries me is that, like clockwork at 17:00:00 the network frees up...
This means there is shaping on the go, and probably just like MWEB's shaper.

The time now is 17:37 and I am getting a steady 991kbps with torrents... straight line, LIKE I USED TO GET BEFORE MAY-JUNE 2015.
So tell me Afrihost reps... since NOTHING WAS CHANGED on my side... what is the whole point of pings and tracerts when the PROBLEM IS NOW PROVEN TO BE CONGESTION IN YOUR NETWORK?

In any event, I am NOT interested in the Afrigreen whatever, I am going to try and deplete the cap I paid for, and then its off to a new ISP 1 August. I do not trust Afrihost now, in my book they are now the same as OpenWeb... and the fact that their CEO has done a disappearing act here, doesn't really amuse me.

We haven't moved enough clients off the network to make a significant difference.
 
We haven't moved enough clients off the network to make a significant difference.

So are you now calling me a LIAR?
I haven't done anything on my side...
The internet is DOG SLOW during the day... pretty much the same as it was when I was till with MWEB. Then suddenly at 17:00 this afternoon it opened up. The same happened yesterday afternoon because I HAPPENED to come home from work early... Youtube was buffering like mad, then it opened up.

In any case, it doesn't matter, I feel nothing for you... you guys are probably going to try and make a gun for me on this forum and I fully expect it. I am telling the truth here dude... I don't have any reason to lie about this. My internet is back to normal today.
 
So are you now calling me a LIAR?
I haven't done anything on my side...
The internet is DOG SLOW during the day... pretty much the same as it was when I was till with MWEB. Then suddenly at 17:00 this afternoon it opened up. The same happened yesterday afternoon because I HAPPENED to come home from work early... Youtube was buffering like mad, then it opened up.

In any case, it doesn't matter, I feel nothing for you... you guys are probably going to try and make a gun for me on this forum and I fully expect it. I am telling the truth here dude... I don't have any reason to lie about this. My internet is back to normal today.

No I'm not, no where in my message did I say that.
It's Friday evening, let's just keep things civil please.
 
Can we have some of that extra bandwidth in the South please sonic2k, at 5:30pm my 10Meg line that was acceptable, though not perfect, all day suddenly became a 1Meg line according to my bandwidth monitors. Being weekend it will probably be like that till Monday now....

Also just burning off cap, never did get my invite and am joining the swing to VOX at month end. No need to stick around as my Business line is FTDI now with an IS based ISP and I have already moved all my clients off Afrihost.
 
Can we have some of that extra bandwidth in the South please sonic2k, at 5:30pm my 10Meg line that was acceptable, though not perfect, all day suddenly became a 1Meg line according to my bandwidth monitors. Being weekend it will probably be like that till Monday now....

Also just burning off cap, never did get my invite and am joining the swing to VOX at month end. No need to stick around as my Business line is FTDI now with an IS based ISP and I have already moved all my clients off Afrihost.

Don't blame me... I am not in control of that. In any case I will be off this network by the last day of this month, probably sooner i.e. the 26th or so
 
:D why are u guys still paying for something u don't even get and wasting your time testing the promising POC network :confused: its all the same *****. we keep on paying them and they give us the same service as always and only prolonging the problem and not fixing anything they can say what they want i canceled my account will end this month can't stay with them any longer they cant even give u a proper answer this will probably continue for months so are u willing to pay for a service this bad?. i went over to Vox and its working great for me
 
Well, well guess what...

The heavy bandwidth users are finally off the existing network...
The speeds and low latencies have returned... but what worries me is that, like clockwork at 17:00:00 the network frees up...
This means there is shaping on the go, and probably just like MWEB's shaper.

The time now is 17:37 and I am getting a steady 991kbps with torrents... straight line, LIKE I USED TO GET BEFORE MAY-JUNE 2015.
So tell me Afrihost reps... since NOTHING WAS CHANGED on my side... what is the whole point of pings and tracerts when the PROBLEM IS NOW PROVEN TO BE CONGESTION IN YOUR NETWORK?

In any event, I am NOT interested in the Afrigreen whatever, I am going to try and deplete the cap I paid for, and then its off to a new ISP 1 August. I do not trust Afrihost now, in my book they are now the same as OpenWeb... and the fact that their CEO has done a disappearing act here, doesn't really amuse me.
I see exactly the same in fact yesterday was so bad my Gmail in a browser just hung. Ping to Google Dns over 400ms then drops to below 30 after 5 pm. Today not as bad but again saw it climb from around 8am and was going to go in to the office if it got any worse but it was bearable at least. I too have had enough of this and will leave the network at the end of this month.
 
That's actually completely untrue. If you look at any of our social media pages, we have a mix of praises and complaints. Since social is moderated by our community managers, we have our transparent guidelines to keep the community vibrant and safe. If you don't violate our guidelines, we don't remove your post.
It fits with Afrihost's reputation.

I recall your company also removed the free 1Gig accounts from any customer that cancelled their ADSL. I guess you're going to put a spin on that as well.
 
Seen a few reports around these parts that things aren't great :( We're doing our best to have this fixed up.
Local is, as ever, perfect at 18mbps.
International IS STILL STUFFED. Can't get anything more than 5mbps to the US East Coast.
All intl. streaming services are buffering - even from Europe.

BTW - still haven't received a POC account. But not sure whether it's good or bad.
 
Local is, as ever, perfect at 18mbps.
International IS STILL STUFFED. Can't get anything more than 5mbps to the US East Coast.
All intl. streaming services are buffering - even from Europe.

BTW - still haven't received a POC account. But not sure whether it's good or bad.
How are they choosing people.

Maybe the highest downloaders are being left out.
 
How are they choosing people.

Maybe the highest downloaders are being left out.

I have never been a high down loader, normal actually use less than half my cap in fact, and my name was in the pot 2 hours before they posted the link here. So I doubt that is the case.

From what I have seen of the feedback we are not missing much by being excluded and to be honest I am so sick of their arrogance and promises that I am leaving anyway.

I would have left when they became MTN but I still had Clients on Afrihost so I had to stay on the "Eat your own Dog Food" basis. I moved the last one off this month so I no longer have to put up with the lies and promises.
 
I am so sick of their arrogance and promises that I am leaving anyway.
It's 2015. YouTube buffers like a bitch. 2015? Oh yes, Africa, crappy Africa where nobody cares about **** but everybody is king. :erm: Accordingly I turn the res down to 480p. YouTube still buffers like a bitch. Again I ask not myself but you Afriguys: 2015??? How dare you calling it pure internet joy??? In 2015???
 
We haven't moved enough clients off the network to make a significant difference.
Oh ****it, why not? If you need to move clients off the network then do so. Don't waste your and our time lamenting in a forum, get to work on a better network and move us over there. See if it's better, and then we can talk again, civil or not. Who the *** cares?
 
Was hoping to do some YouTube. Think I'll have to stick to offline media for now :(
 
Yeahm i'm done with AH. Honestly tired of paying for something and getting around 1/20 of the speed.
FFS if AH hired a technician whom only worked once a week at a slow pace but still got paid a full time salary i'm sure they would cut the relationship.
It's been a rollercoaster ride with more lows than highs...
4512951902.png
 
lets put it this way.
if internet service providers were motor cars - we're all driving a russian lada at the moment
I once had one, back when I was a poor student in Germany. Was old and banged up and not luxurious but very reliable, dirt cheap, easy to repair and made a wonderful student ass hauler. And their 4x4 off-roader, the Lada Niva, is also one of the cheapest, yet most reliable in class. Deffo a good buy if you can find one. These things get you from A --> B, they always get the job done! Same can't unfortunately be said about AH. Else I would be uploading photos to my blog and watching my fave YT channels right now and not bitching in the forum.

So, what's the best alternative? VOX? Capped or uncapped for a medium heavy downloader, torrenter and streamer like me (200+ GB/mth)?
 
:D why are u guys still paying for something u don't even get and wasting your time testing the promising POC network :confused: its all the same *****. we keep on paying them and they give us the same service as always and only prolonging the problem and not fixing anything they can say what they want i canceled my account will end this month can't stay with them any longer they cant even give u a proper answer this will probably continue for months so are u willing to pay for a service this bad?. i went over to Vox and its working great for me

They don't give refunds, so since I paid... I am going to EXTRACT what I paid for, out of them, by force.
 
Anyone else having issues accessing Google services?

Sites are having issues loading until I skip the google services and then the sites load [relatively] fine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X