Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having issues accessing Google services?

Sites are having issues loading until I skip the google services and then the sites load [relatively] fine.

Same Here, has been bad all day so far even GMail is complaining and suggesting reverting to HTML mail.

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachme...4&d=1437222940

Should that not reed:

"No Contracts, No Catches, No Internet..."
 
Last edited:
Anyone else having issues accessing Google services?

Sites are having issues loading until I skip the google services and then the sites load [relatively] fine.

Yip... and the speedtest latency to JHB is 210ms...

Something horribly wrong.

Reading between the lines with this proof of concept thing they are doing is that it's an MTN problem that won't be solved anytime soon - if at all.
 
Anyone else having issues accessing Google services?

Sites are having issues loading until I skip the google services and then the sites load [relatively] fine.

Yup... me too now.

Youtube totally borked on both AfriGreen(meh) and AfriMTN... nothing loads... just blank screen.
Retry, reload, retry, reload, eventually get buffering 144p video.

Gmail... borked.

Afrihost is just borked.

Farksakes... they promised the moon, and gave us the gutter with AfriGreen.

Switch to Vox... all good... but, won't post comparisons here, post will be deleted.
 
Yup... me too now.

Youtube totally borked on both AfriGreen(meh) and AfriMTN... nothing loads... just blank screen.
Retry, reload, retry, reload, eventually get buffering 144p video.

Gmail... borked.

Afrihost is just borked.

Farksakes... they promised the moon, and gave us the gutter with AfriGreen.

Switch to Vox... all good... but, won't post comparisons here, post will be deleted.

Ja heavy censorship going on here these days... guess the truth hurts a lot...

In any case, my experience today has been meh :/

Youtube doesn't work AT ALL...
This forum is slow to access...
Any overseas site is EXTREMELY SLOW...
 
Last edited:
Aaaand now the Afrihost Android app does not work... gives error then quits.

Anybody else having issues with the app?

EDIT:

Nevermind... working now again.
 
Last edited:
And at 11pm it gets switched back on, my throuput jumped instantly from 100KBs to 1MBs as if they threw a switch. Surely not everyone goes off line at exactly 11PM.
 
5:47 in the morning: The Interwebz is dead! At least the Googly part of it. So fokn AH network is even too weak to deliver at this time of night when I'm kinda the only remaining customer stil/already awake and surfin'. Really guys, this is going on since way too long. We need a solution, and we need it fast and sustainable. So don't give us a sloppy quick fix but a sound working infrastructure. We see it everywhere around the world and even in SA how ISPs can deliver Pure Internet Joy without any problems. So why don't you?

Guess I'm giving you, AH, until tonight. If no better service by then I'm gonna stop all payments. One visit to the local Telkom office and they'll gladly take me back, so I'll be online again before you can even say »Ugh...«.
 
5:47 in the morning: The Interwebz is dead! At least the Googly part of it. So fokn AH network is even too weak to deliver at this time of night when I'm kinda the only remaining customer stil/already awake and surfin'. Really guys, this is going on since way too long. We need a solution, and we need it fast and sustainable. So don't give us a sloppy quick fix but a sound working infrastructure. We see it everywhere around the world and even in SA how ISPs can deliver Pure Internet Joy without any problems. So why don't you?

Guess I'm giving you, AH, until tonight. If no better service by then I'm gonna stop all payments. One visit to the local Telkom office and they'll gladly take me back, so I'll be online again before you can even say »Ugh...«.
I was up early too. YouTube? Nope. Unless 144p counts. :(
 
Wow. Google is still totally kaput. Gmail hangs. YouTube dies. Yet, suddenly latency is gone. (Guess no one can stream, so plenty of bandwidth around... Or everyone has left leaving me to switch off the light?)

Had the same issues at work on Friday though. And that is on MTN directly. So I'm guessing there is a general MTN issue peering to Google. Yet, no-one could be bothered to fix things...
 
Send them tracerts and maybe change your dns. I'm sure everything will be sorted out soon
 
Or Chrome is incompatible with Google Protocols, use a browser that is designed for use with Gmail, Docs and YouTube, such as Internet Explorer ;)
 
Afripeeps,

I am sorry but I can no longer help you test your new network, due to family members being upset over the course of the this week and weekend.

On the 17th of Friday the new network kept disconnecting us from the internet, that my family came to me and blaming me for not everything working and keep going off and not loading. Well see we are 5 people who constantly need the internet to work and out of the 5, 3 people is studying including me. On Friday I had my Tutor calling me on Skype and had a session with him (appointment) for two hours which of those two hours I only got 10 minutes. I cannot get into contact with him anytime soon and now I have to go into my assignment blindfolded.

3 of us need the internet working at least 6 hours of the 7 days sometimes more. I’m mostly using the internet in evening for some gaming but that it. So my family forced me to get new internet which mean, I have to pay more money just so everyone can actually have internet and be happy, which have to come of my bank account, since we all pay a fair share, which they refused to pay more. And I am student and working part time, so for me this sucks big time, but got no other choice.

I have canceled my Afrihost account on the 18th of July before the 25th, but for some reason it say will only be canceled on 31 August, and I cannot pay again for internet I won’t use, and everyone here in my household is already on my case. We already moved to the other provider so they a bit better so yeah.

Anyway, I will be checking out Afrihost thread for improvements and will sometimes test my Afrihost free account to see if there any improvements.

Good luck with the new networks!
Regards
Henri!
 
Afripeeps,

I am sorry but I can no longer help you test your new network, due to family members being upset over the course of the this week and weekend.

On the 17th of Friday the new network kept disconnecting us from the internet, that my family came to me and blaming me for not everything working and keep going off and not loading. Well see we are 5 people who constantly need the internet to work and out of the 5, 3 people is studying including me. On Friday I had my Tutor calling me on Skype and had a session with him (appointment) for two hours which of those two hours I only got 10 minutes. I cannot get into contact with him anytime soon and now I have to go into my assignment blindfolded.

3 of us need the internet working at least 6 hours of the 7 days sometimes more. I’m mostly using the internet in evening for some gaming but that it. So my family forced me to get new internet which mean, I have to pay more money just so everyone can actually have internet and be happy, which have to come of my bank account, since we all pay a fair share, which they refused to pay more. And I am student and working part time, so for me this sucks big time, but got no other choice.

I have canceled my Afrihost account on the 18th of July before the 25th, but for some reason it say will only be canceled on 31 August, and I cannot pay again for internet I won’t use, and everyone here in my household is already on my case. We already moved to the other provider so they a bit better so yeah.

Anyway, I will be checking out Afrihost thread for improvements and will sometimes test my Afrihost free account to see if there any improvements.

Good luck with the new networks!
Regards
Henri!

You cancelled before the 24th so you will not be billed at the end of this month.
You will be able to use up your remaining cap until midnight on the 31st as you paid for it last month.

p.s. I am not an Afrihost Agent, just a user, but Afrihost would confirm what I said.
 
You cancelled before the 24th so you will not be billed at the end of this month.
You will be able to use up your remaining cap until midnight on the 31st as you paid for it last month.

p.s. I am not an Afrihost Agent, just a user, but Afrihost would confirm what I said.

Thanks for that info!
 
Last night was so bad I decided to go sleep instead. It's better to dream about watching paint dry than my pages [not] loading :(
 
You cancelled before the 24th so you will not be billed at the end of this month.
You will be able to use up your remaining cap until midnight on the 31st as you paid for it last month.

p.s. I am not an Afrihost Agent, just a user, but Afrihost would confirm what I said.

Thanks for the information... sent them my cancellation yesterday.
 
It's 2015. YouTube buffers like a bitch. 2015? Oh yes, Africa, crappy Africa where nobody cares about **** but everybody is king. :erm: Accordingly I turn the res down to 480p. YouTube still buffers like a bitch. Again I ask not myself but you Afriguys: 2015??? How dare you calling it pure internet joy??? In 2015???

Sincerely sorry about the throughput issues :(
I do agree that YouTube should stream without any hiccups. We're working really hard at making that happen for everyone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X