Afrihost customer banking details compromised?

DeSLAM

Has anyone else experienced that your banking details have been compromised since updating it with Afrihost on their clientzone?

I requested a answer from AH in this regard, as to recent server data breaches - they never replied.

DeSLAM

As in database on server accessed and data disclosed to 3rd parties. AH requests you to submit your Card Verification Code to them as well. So all card details are on their server, if compromised anyone can shop online with your card details submitted to AH.

Happened to me after updating my details at AH in clientzone. I'm trying to find out if the same has happened to other people who did this recently as well.

AH was the only company that had the new CVC number of my new card on their online system. The only other company that has it is the bank as its a brand new card.

Last edited:

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Has anyone else experienced that your banking details have been compromised since updating it with Afrihost on their clientzone?

I requested a answer from AH in this regard, as to recent server data breaches - they never replied.
Hi DeSLAM. This is quite an alarming post. I can assure you that we take the most modern precautions possible to protect our clients private information and keep sensitive information as safe as possible. The banking verification steps are, in fact, there as another measure to protect against online fraud. If you feel that you have been compromised, we can certainly help you investigate or help you put your mind at ease. Please feel free to PM with more detail and I'll put you in touch with our security team.

whatwhat

Executive Member
Hi DeSLAM. This is quite an alarming post. I can assure you that we take the most modern precautions possible to protect our clients private information and keep sensitive information as safe as possible. The banking verification steps are, in fact, there as another measure to protect against online fraud. If you feel that you have been compromised, we can certainly help you investigate or help you put your mind at ease. Please feel free to PM with more detail and I'll put you in touch with our security team.
I would be a little careful in such a strong statement. Especially after the massive hole in your security that this guy alerted you to

https://www.facebook.com/taygibb