Wilhelmus

I have been using Afrihost as my service provider for more than 3 years now, Fibre Contract, Rain Contract and I had website hosting now and again. The support was good, up until recently, and the quality of service was great.

Unfortunately the service I have been receiving the last month from Afrihost's side is disgraceful.

A little context:
I have an existing Fiber connection at my mother in law and a Rain connection at my home. I moved at the beginning of June and decided to get a fiber connection to my new address. On the 26th of June 2019 I placed an order for the 8Mbps Download 5Mbps Upload Uncapped Fibre deal on the Afrihost website. At the same time I changed the package at my Mother in Law's place to the same package. I received confirmation emails that the order has been placed for the new line and another email with the router's Invoice.

On the 27th of June 2019 I received an Invoice containing my new Router Settings.

On the 30th of June 2019 I received yet another email stating that the Line at my Mother in Law's will change. And I received another email containing the invoice for the Upgraded Fibre connection and the new Fibre Connection.

On the 1st of July I received an email stating that I will get a call from Openserve regarding my new Fibre line that I ordered "within 1-2 working days", followed by an email stating that Openserve "have accepted our order for fibre to be installed at ...", and this is where all the nonsense started.

By the 8th of July 2019, I still have not received any communication regarding the installation. So I logged a query regarding the installation. The Support Agent, said the following "1563880141043.png". This confused me as I already got an email stating that Openserve accepted the installation, but nonetheless, I will wait another few days for the installation.

By the 12th of July I have still not heard anything from the Fibre installation so I logged another call. The support agent than said that they are struggling to find my order on their Spreadsheet and "The Supervisor has gone to the fibre department to investigate further.", after a few minutes the Support agent stated "1563880365739.png".

The 16th of July 2019 I still have not received any communication from Openserve or Afrihost regarding the Fibre connection so I logged another call. I told the Support agent that I just want to know what the Status is on the Order and when I can expect communication on what is happening. The support agent then continued on saying "1563880528141.png" I enlightened the Support agent that I have not received any communication, the agent was confused as on his side it said I did not pickup the phone but he is confirming with his superior. After a few minutes he confirmed my Cellphone number and said I unfortunately will have to wait for them to call me, and if I miss the call that the installation process will take longer than usual.

On the 18th of July 2019 I logged another support call, by this time I am so angry and Frustrated. The support agent said that "1563880787862.png", now this is confusing as I received an email stating that that Openserve "have accepted our order for fibre to be installed at ..." and now Openserve still has to complete it on their end. I then continued asking for the proof that the contacted me and this is why the installation is taking so long and the support agent replied with "1563880972146.png" I am not afraid to send my call logs, as to this day I have not received any communication from Afrihost or Openserve after the email on the 1st of July 2019.

On the 23rd of July 2019 I opened another support query to find out what the issue is regarding the Fibre installation. The support agent replied with the following: "1563881146599.png"
This time the Support agent gave me a reference number, which no other support agent has given me, the Support agent also confirmed that Afrihost will contact me as soon as they have any feedback.

I am posting this here to show how Afrihost is treating their customers. They are very fast to cut off your connection if you failed to pay, but when it comes to them taking their time it is always an issue.

I am looking for other service providers at this stage and if the Fibre installation cannot be done by the end of this week I am moving to a different provider. And Afrihost will never see me and I will never endorse them for anything.

Attachments

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Anything related to Openserve takes a long time. At least with Afrihost you have someone who will try to get it resolved for you, try doing that directly with Openserve and see how much fun you have.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Anything related to Openserve takes a long time. At least with Afrihost you have someone who will try to get it resolved for you, try doing that directly with Openserve and see how much fun you have.
Openserve installation took just 3days after I placed my fibre order.

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Openserve installation took just 3days after I placed my fibre order.
That is impressive, I wonder if they have different techies to the analogue and DSL side?
I used to order DSL lines often for various sites and the average time for installation was around 1.5 months. Granted that was a year ago but I cant see it having changed that much?

cavedog

Honorary Master
That is impressive, I wonder if they have different techies to the analogue and DSL side?
I used to order DSL lines often for various sites and the average time for installation was around 1.5 months. Granted that was a year ago but I cant see it having changed that much?
On fibre it's all contractors so they probably work on commission for installations. Very very quick fibre installation. For Aerial fibre they do it the same day within like 1hour or so. Trenched is a different story as they would need to dig and lay fibre.

Afrigirl

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
I have been using Afrihost as my service provider for more than 3 years now, Fibre Contract, Rain Contract and I had website hosting now and again. The support was good, up until recently, and the quality of service was great.

Unfortunately the service I have been receiving the last month from Afrihost's side is disgraceful.

A little context:
I have an existing Fiber connection at my mother in law and a Rain connection at my home. I moved at the beginning of June and decided to get a fiber connection to my new address. On the 26th of June 2019 I placed an order for the 8Mbps Download 5Mbps Upload Uncapped Fibre deal on the Afrihost website. At the same time I changed the package at my Mother in Law's place to the same package. I received confirmation emails that the order has been placed for the new line and another email with the router's Invoice.

On the 27th of June 2019 I received an Invoice containing my new Router Settings.

On the 30th of June 2019 I received yet another email stating that the Line at my Mother in Law's will change. And I received another email containing the invoice for the Upgraded Fibre connection and the new Fibre Connection.

On the 1st of July I received an email stating that I will get a call from Openserve regarding my new Fibre line that I ordered "within 1-2 working days", followed by an email stating that Openserve "have accepted our order for fibre to be installed at ...", and this is where all the nonsense started.

By the 8th of July 2019, I still have not received any communication regarding the installation. So I logged a query regarding the installation. The Support Agent, said the following "View attachment 687423". This confused me as I already got an email stating that Openserve accepted the installation, but nonetheless, I will wait another few days for the installation.

By the 12th of July I have still not heard anything from the Fibre installation so I logged another call. The support agent than said that they are struggling to find my order on their Spreadsheet and "The Supervisor has gone to the fibre department to investigate further.", after a few minutes the Support agent stated "View attachment 687427".

The 16th of July 2019 I still have not received any communication from Openserve or Afrihost regarding the Fibre connection so I logged another call. I told the Support agent that I just want to know what the Status is on the Order and when I can expect communication on what is happening. The support agent then continued on saying "View attachment 687429" I enlightened the Support agent that I have not received any communication, the agent was confused as on his side it said I did not pickup the phone but he is confirming with his superior. After a few minutes he confirmed my Cellphone number and said I unfortunately will have to wait for them to call me, and if I miss the call that the installation process will take longer than usual.

On the 18th of July 2019 I logged another support call, by this time I am so angry and Frustrated. The support agent said that "View attachment 687431", now this is confusing as I received an email stating that that Openserve "have accepted our order for fibre to be installed at ..." and now Openserve still has to complete it on their end. I then continued asking for the proof that the contacted me and this is why the installation is taking so long and the support agent replied with "View attachment 687435" I am not afraid to send my call logs, as to this day I have not received any communication from Afrihost or Openserve after the email on the 1st of July 2019.

On the 23rd of July 2019 I opened another support query to find out what the issue is regarding the Fibre installation. The support agent replied with the following: "View attachment 687437"
This time the Support agent gave me a reference number, which no other support agent has given me, the Support agent also confirmed that Afrihost will contact me as soon as they have any feedback.

I am posting this here to show how Afrihost is treating their customers. They are very fast to cut off your connection if you failed to pay, but when it comes to them taking their time it is always an issue.

I am looking for other service providers at this stage and if the Fibre installation cannot be done by the end of this week I am moving to a different provider. And Afrihost will never see me and I will never endorse them for anything.
Hi Wilhelmus, I am terribly sorry for the poor service you had received from our team and for the delay in trying to get you connected with your fibre line. This is a very long time to wait, and I can fully understand why you must be frustrated here as we did let you down.

Can you please be kind enough to send me a PM with your details and I will be more than happy to follow up on your order with our fibre team and provide you with feedback as soon as possible.

Please be advised that when it comes to fibre installation dates we hardly have any control on this, the fibre provider receives the order and communicates with the client regarding a date to have your services installed.
I do apologize that there has been such a delay here, and I will do my best to try and fast track this for you.

Wilhelmus

I got a call on Friday after submitted a Cancellation on the Installation and there response was that there is no Infrastructure in my area, even after all Internet Providers states that there is infrastructure.

I understand that the Issue is from Openserve's side, but why do I have to wait for 5 weeks to get an answer.

Afrigirl

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
I got a call on Friday after submitted a Cancellation on the Installation and there response was that there is no Infrastructure in my area, even after all Internet Providers states that there is infrastructure.

I understand that the Issue is from Openserve's side, but why do I have to wait for 5 weeks to get an answer.
5 weeks is terrible Wilhelmus, and I am terribly sorry that it took this long to get feedback from from our team to look into this for you and advise on the way forward . If you leave your details on our website we will be happy to advise you as soon as your area is live for fibre and you can complete your sign up.