Afrihost LTE - account capped prematurely

phly

Expert Member
I too had a similar issue today when my Fixed LTE account refused to work citing that I have ran out of data and I still had about a gig. Was forced to topup with another 5GB just to get connected and wait about 15 minutes to get reconnected again.

So I do concur there is an issue on their end with the reporting of usage and disconnection due to improper reporting of that usage.

Leno

Expert Member
I get this often on their mobile data, tried to get them to sort it out but easier to top up than try following up with their support
:/

m.zakariyya.g

Happens regularly with me - End up getting a shock when my data is capped as I think I have loads left according to Clientzone, but not in actual reality

Slayeruser

Expert Member
Yeah well, CZ shows I have 59.8GB left yet I am capped.

So, use the data tracker in the B618. It gives a better idea of the data used

I am starting to wonder. According to their usage system I should have the data left. I have paid for x amount of data and have not received it even per their manage system. CPA, Legal anyone???

unhappy_chappy

Logged a ticket this morning, no reply. Decided to give "live chat" a try:

Skipped the ping-pong

So there we have it chaps; No conspiracy, just sloppy dev work & more than useless customer support

saor

Honorary Master
I've had this since day 1 with my regular AH LTE (their launch day whenever that was) and I've just stopped caring and top up when it happens. Their usual response is: "We're working on it." I don't think they have a clue what's wrong.

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
Lol for thinking that the support monkey or the devs know the difference between base2 and base10

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
So there we have it chaps; No conspiracy, just sloppy dev work & more than useless customer support
The thing is, because 1st year computer science confuses these idiots you are essentially getting less than you are paying for. At scale this obviously becomes a big issue.

highvoltage

They don't even know the difference between a public or private IP. Or understand the concept that you need network coverage in order to activate a sim. I would strongly advise avoiding Afrihost alltogether.