AFRIHOST// No internet after special ends

KadeS

Hello,
So we used the 3 month special where you double your speed for free. We went back to our initial package and we got an email saying we back on our old package this morning. About 10-15 minutes after the email we didn’t have anymore internet. Phoned Fibre support and after 30 minutes talking to the guy he just wants to check something and he’s gonna put me on hold and so I said no problem. 2 minutes later he just ended the call.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Hello,
So we used the 3 month special where you double your speed for free. We went back to our initial package and we got an email saying we back on our old package this morning. About 10-15 minutes after the email we didn’t have anymore internet. Phoned Fibre support and after 30 minutes talking to the guy he just wants to check something and he’s gonna put me on hold and so I said no problem. 2 minutes later he just ended the call.

Guessing you didnt get the memo that the special has extended 3 more months?

Anyway. @AfriNatic

KadeS

I did, but couldn’t find where to keep the free special on clientzone.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hello,

Hi,

Vumatel is experiencing long delays in activating orders that have been placed today. We are seeing orders being stuck on Awaiting Activation. Vumatel is aware of the issue and working on a fix.

Can you send me your clientzone email address just for me to confirm everything is in order.

Crowley

Executive Member
My internet was off since 11 this morning, just came up.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
My internet was off since 11 this morning, just came up.

Service changes with Vumatel comes with a new IP address. If you IP has changed please visit login.afrihost.com just to activate again to make sure you are mapped correctly.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I did, but couldn’t find where to keep the free special on clientzone.

No need the promotion has been applied automatically. Since the downgrade has already been processed the discount will follow you to your current package. You will get the discount on the package you are on now.

Reactions: Yuu

Zertop

Expert Member
Not a complaint, just mentioning that I'm experiencing this too. After an upgrade yesterday, we lost all connectivity. Router receives a valid Afrihost IP, however no traffic on the line.

Also unable to hit login.afrihost.com, nor any of the DNS providers/AH DNS. Were any of you able to resolve the issue somehow? I've logged a ticket with vumatel so will let you know what happens.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Not a complaint, just mentioning that I'm experiencing this too. After an upgrade yesterday, we lost all connectivity. Router receives a valid Afrihost IP, however no traffic on the line.

Also unable to hit login.afrihost.com, nor any of the DNS providers/AH DNS. Were any of you able to resolve the issue somehow? I've logged a ticket with vumatel so will let you know what happens.

Are you still experiencing an issue?