• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Afrihost - Pure Internet FRUSTRATION

jeinnor30

So our area was upgraded on Wednesday, they cut us over to the new DSLAM and my stats have improved drastically. Currently I am getting a SNR of 27.7, att ration of 5.9 for down and 12 up. So everyone I know in the area we stay has been upgraded to 10MBPS but Im still sitting on 4MBPS, when I phone Afrihost I get some BS story about the exchange etc! I phone Telkom and they tell me that I should DEFINITELY be able to be upgraded to 10Meg!

Everyone else got upgraded as soon as they phoned Telkom but because my line is managed by Afrihost, my line for some mysterious reason cannot! So I am wondering why I am paying Afrihost to manage my line when they can't seem to do it!!

So atm I am not experiencing this Pure Internet Joy they speak about, only Pure Frustration!

ponder

Honorary Master
Are the other people with telkom?

As far as i'm aware only the telkom clients on their old 4MBs uncapped packages qualify for the free upgrade to 10MBs...

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
So our area was upgraded on Wednesday, they cut us over to the new DSLAM and my stats have improved drastically. Currently I am getting a SNR of 27.7, att ration of 5.9 for down and 12 up. So everyone I know in the area we stay has been upgraded to 10MBPS but Im still sitting on 4MBPS, when I phone Afrihost I get some BS story about the exchange etc! I phone Telkom and they tell me that I should DEFINITELY be able to be upgraded to 10Meg!

Everyone else got upgraded as soon as they phoned Telkom but because my line is managed by Afrihost, my line for some mysterious reason cannot! So I am wondering why I am paying Afrihost to manage my line when they can't seem to do it!!

So atm I am not experiencing this Pure Internet Joy they speak about, only Pure Frustration!
Who manages your line? Telkom or Afrihost? If Afrihost, then they are not doing any line upgrades, if Telkom, then it's Telkom you need to deal with

jeinnor30

Who manages your line? Telkom or Afrihost? If Afrihost, then they are not doing any line upgrades, if Telkom, then it's Telkom you need to deal with
Afrihost are managing line, what you mean they are not doing any line upgrades, why not?

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Afrihost are managing line, what you mean they are not doing any line upgrades, why not?
Are you referring to the free linespeed upgrade from 4 to 10 which Telkom are doing , or do you just want to move from 4 to 10mbps in terms of your package with Afrihost?

jeinnor30

want to move from 4mb to 10mb or whatever the fastest I can upgrade my line to. The others are only having their line managed by telkom but are with other ISP's in terms of data! I feel like the fool cause my line is managed by Afrihost and I am not getting any joy!

LCBXX

Executive Member
Convert your line back to Telkom-Managed. The discount is not worth the frustration of having your ISP manage the line.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep

Really sorry to hear about your frustrating experience, jeinnor30. :( It's possible that the API we use for Telkom/Openserve still has to update. Have you tried just requesting the upgrade via ClientZone? Regardless, please feel free to PM me your line info and I'll help push through the upgrade. :)

jeinnor30

Really sorry to hear about your frustrating experience, jeinnor30. :( It's possible that the API we use for Telkom/Openserve still has to update. Have you tried just requesting the upgrade via ClientZone? Regardless, please feel free to PM me your line info and I'll help push through the upgrade. :)
I phoned you guys, what difference does it make to request via client zone or phone and do the request?

With regards to the API why would Telkom see that I can upgrade and you can’t?

Lastly, I complained early on Friday and you only responding now? Is the typical response one gets from Afrihost in terms of how long it takes to respond?

Oh BTW, when I posted this comment I pmd you at the same time!!!

F1 Fan

Expert Member
Are you referring to the free linespeed upgrade from 4 to 10 which Telkom are doing , or do you just want to move from 4 to 10mbps in terms of your package with Afrihost?
I've read this a few times. Are all 4mb Telkom users being upgraded to 10Mb?

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
I phoned you guys, what difference does it make to request via client zone or phone and do the request?

With regards to the API why would Telkom see that I can upgrade and you can’t?

Lastly, I complained early on Friday and you only responding now? Is the typical response one gets from Afrihost in terms of how long it takes to respond?

Oh BTW, when I posted this comment I pmd you at the same time!!!
I'm sorry if you misunderstood my question. :( All I really wanted to know was whether you're getting an error requesting the upgrade in ClientZone or not?

I definitely don't have any PMs from you, but as mentioned, I'll be super happy to help you with this if you send me your line number. :)

jeinnor30

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my question. :( All I really wanted to know was whether you're getting an error requesting the upgrade in ClientZone or not?

I definitely don't have any PMs from you, but as mentioned, I'll be super happy to help you with this if you send me your line number. :)
Okay well I sent you a message AGAIN, and I checked my sent items in the forum and there is def a message in my sent item to you :)

Oh well, lets see if you can help quicker than everyone else.

I spoke to ANOTHER person within the estate and they are with AXXESS, and they too upgraded IMMEDIATELY!! Really doesn't make sense!!

jeinnor30

and the plot thickens, One of the people upgraded to 20mbps and I am still being told that I can't upgrade and have to stay on 4mb, so EVERYONE else around me can and I can't??

Seriously can someone explain this to me??

So i phoned Telkom AGAIN, and AGAIN they tell me they can definitely upgrade.

Check out my stats

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 5.26.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 5.26.14 PM.png

So I am trying to move my line back and Im getting told that it will take 30 days, common guys, really. I want to upgrade my line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
and the plot thickens, One of the people upgraded to 20mbps and I am still being told that I can't upgrade and have to stay on 4mb, so EVERYONE else around me can and I can't??

Seriously can someone explain this to me??

So i phoned Telkom AGAIN, and AGAIN they tell me they can definitely upgrade.

Check out my stats

View attachment 466137
View attachment 466139

So I am trying to move my line back and Im getting told that it will take 30 days, common guys, really. I want to upgrade my line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:(

Line stats are only one facet of getting a faster DSL line. Your DSL line will also need to be on a port that supports a faster connection.

Could you PM me your line number?