Afrihost's big ADSL move to MTN

chrisc

Executive Member
Also had an email from Axxess which said just the same thing

Necuno

Court Jester
May the force be with them. Of the years we used MTNNS we had to change over to a better provider.

TheGuy

Expert Member
What a big move to plan and co-ordinate. Something is bound to go wrong unfortunately as it is still IT.

semaphore

Honorary Master
This sucks i dont want my IS account moved to MTN. MTNNS are the ****test company ever.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
I have a couple of Axxess accounts and right now theyre terrible. I can not keep an RDP or SSH session open to anywhere internationally.

I now have many clients phoning me because smtp.isdsl.net is no longer working for them :( Anyone know what the new smtp server is?

semaphore

Honorary Master
I have a couple of Axxess accounts and right now theyre terrible. I can not keep an RDP or SSH session open to anywhere internationally.

Your exchange. I have axxess and i have no problems at all.

BrokenLink

Isnt it axxess? or is both moving? Received no email from afrihost just one from axxess...

Niren_M

Not a fan of MTN myself. The first month after this move will be make or break for Afrihost. I will be going to another ISP if there are problems.

So, does this mean the IS news server will not be available to Afrihost subscribers after the move?

MickZA

Executive Member
Isnt it axxess? or is both moving? Received no email from afrihost just one from axxess...
Interesting, I got from Afrihost where I only have 1Gb free but not from axxess who I currently use for uncapped.

Keegan

Expert Member
I received the email today :D I'm personally excited to see change, lets give them the benefit of the doubt and see how things go before shooting them down...? I'm sure no big business will just change something soo major without doing proper homework...
So if they say its better it might just be that... well we'll just have to wait for next Tuesday and see how things go :D
Holding thumbs!