Altech win stands, as minister rests case

mezu

Expert Member
Huraahh!! for the dragon has been mortified..I am loving this :D

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
She was obviously told to back off. Her greed started becoming too obvious a few months after she took office... but this was just too much bad PR for her and her corrupt cronies.

packetloss

It's eerily quite out there. Somethings brewing:confused:
Don't think weve seen the last of Ivy yet.....
I hope i'm wrong.

UglyKidJoe

Probably delay some cables or something.
Need to keep the revenue flowing.
surely the future looks better now. Ivy has no further recourse, so she may as well just go away quietly.

I mean there has been more significant progress made during this year than anything we've seen before.

300 licensees can build their own networks = will certainly fill niche markets.
EASSY due to land in June 2009 = sorts out international backhaul.
SEACOM (I'm not sure where this is up to tho) - even more international bandwidth.

Maybe i'm an eternal optimist, but i get the feeling that the infamous 3gig cap is under serious threat!

sunsoffun

Expert Member
Maybe i'm an eternal optimist, but i get the feeling that the infamous 3gig cap is under serious threat!
I hope you are right. Hopefully, they will add a "0" to the 3 GB account... that would be a nice start!!

UglyKidJoe

I hope you are right. Hopefully, they will add a "0" to the 3 GB account... that would be a nice start!!
actually, the extra "0" is not enough. In Slovakia, I can go over 100Gb and nobody bats an eyelid! This is good when you want online tv believe me.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
surely the future looks better now. Ivy has no further recourse, so she may as well just go away quietly.

I mean there has been more significant progress made during this year than anything we've seen before.

SEACOM (I'm not sure where this is up to tho) - even more international bandwidth.

You've got EASSY and Seacom swapped around...

Ou grote

Honorary Master

Most of us hope so. :)

Someone asked what she may do next.
So ....
"EASSY due to land in June 2009 = sorts out international backhaul."
Infinite ways to scupper or delay this one, even if it has landed.

Even once the cable has landed, I don't think you'll be using it that quickly.
( unless its plug and play ;) )

UglyKidJoe

EASSY if their Website is to be believed is looking at Q2 2010. http://www.eassy.org/project%20milestones.html
Thanks for that. I was really being lazy there, I should have checked their site myself.

Ok, so if we have Seacom and EASSY, and +- 300 ECN licencess, we're fast deading in the right direction no? What's missing?

The fact that VANS can now build their own networks, does that mean the dreaded "last mile" issue can be overcome by companies investing in their respective niches? :confused: