Amazon Prime Day 2019

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Amazon Prime Day 2019

Amazon.com Inc. shoppers are snatching up potato chips, crackers, toilet paper and other non-perishable grocery store items to take advantage of the online retailer’s Prime Day deals, which could be bad news for Costco Wholesale Corp. and Walmart Inc.

Sales of consumable products on Amazon during the first nine hours of Prime Day — a two-day sale that began Monday — are about triple what they are on a typical sales day, according to CommerceIQ, which helps hundreds of consumer brands sell products on the e-commerce site.

Ppretor

Morning, can anyone advise me how to filter goods that ship to SA, at the moment all the stuff I like, does not ship here. Please help me out.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Morning, can anyone advise me how to filter goods that ship to SA, at the moment all the stuff I like, does not ship here. Please help me out.
For prime day specials you will find most if not all of the stuff doesn't ship here... You will need to use a service like aramex global shopper

Ppretor

When are we going to get a local Amazon?
Shhht. Takealot/Naspers might hear you.

Another question: Will those Alexa things even work seamlessly in our country, or do you need to tinker first, in order to make it work as its meant to?

Ppretor

Nobody:...........
Me: BTW, I see the price of RAM has come down nicely, quite suddenly also as i keep an eye on it.

joshuatree

Expert Member
So if you sideload Apks onto a Fire TV Stick , do you need a VPN to let the Fire TV Stick work in SA ? Not talking about Netflix etc.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member

Another question: Will those Alexa things even work seamlessly in our country, or do you need to tinker first, in order to make it work as its meant to?
From what I read, I gather they do work here, once setup.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
So if you sideload Apks onto a Fire TV Stick , do you need a VPN to let the Fire TV Stick work in SA ? Not talking about Netflix etc.
You need to sideload DSTV Now and Showmax, and they work I gather, VPN only needed to access geo-restricted content.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Nobody:...........
Me: BTW, I see the price of RAM has come down nicely, quite suddenly also as i keep an eye on it.
Murphy is a bugger, ... , budget is buggered, car blew a top gasket, and had to replace radiator as well.

lexor

Expert Member
Google Aramex Global Shopper.
Join them.
They give you an address in NY to ship to.
Use that address to ship from Amazon
Aramex re pack your Amazon package and ship to SA.
0,5kg = R200
1 Kg = R300

Done.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator

The Echos? They work flawlessly here. I've got 5-6 of them in my house.
You only need a smart dns/vpn for services like Hulu - local apps like DSTV Now, Netflix, and showmax work fine without.

That said side-loading is a schlep.

joshuatree

Expert Member
"Downloader" to sideload Apks on Fire TV doesn't seem like too much effort from what I've seen on YouTube ? Yalp Store / Aptoide options too I think.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
We already have PayALot
They are not Amazon, they do not carry half as much goods, and I want to buy from Amazon, pay in local currency, and have stuff delivered just like from Pay-a-Lot. Do not need the added hassles and costs of the likes of Aramex Global Shopper. Adding middlemen just drives the cost and complexity upwards, and I appreciate neither.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
"Downloader" to sideload Apks on Fire TV doesn't seem like too much effort from what I've seen on YouTube ? Yalp Store / Aptoide options too I think.
Good luck - hope it works out for you.
They are not Amazon, they do not carry half as much goods, and I want to buy from Amazon, pay in local currency, and have stuff delivered just like from Pay-a-Lot. Do not need the added hassles and costs of the likes of Aramex Global Shopper. Adding middlemen just drives the cost and complexity upwards, and I appreciate neither.
I doubt a third world country like SA is much of a priority for Amazon when it comes to retail.

Apogee

Good luck - hope it works out for you.
I doubt a third world country like SA is much of a priority for Amazon when it comes to retail.
Exactly.

Also the reason why do not have Apple stores.

Our market is way too small to justify it.