Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Tanarri

Yes, I was betting on 'marshmellow,' although after KitKat it could have been M&M. That's huge in the States right?

Necropolis

Executive Member
Android Marshmallow will introduce a redesigned permission model with only eight permission categories, and permissions will not automatically be granted.

An opt-in system is now used, in which users are prompted to grant or deny individual permissions to an application when they are needed.
I see many, many, many, many applications crashing when this goes live :erm:

Azg

Expert Member
It seems unless you have a flagship Android phone you will be stuck with the Android version you bought the phone with. So these annual upgrades don't mean much to most people.

WillPower TJ

meh! Still on Jellybean and it is nice and comfortable here. To be able to grant permission to apps on demand seems interesting though ( Yes Symbian ! ) , it is something that should have been done a long time ago anyway .I can see myself saving a lot of data usage with this, maybe i might consider getting an upgrade when it launches.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
But lollipop is still rather new, at this rate they are going to run out of letters very fast.

waynegohl

Ancient Astronaut
That is what irritated me with my S4. It was on 4.3 like forever with no update in site. The model number never came up online. The BLU phone came with 4.4 or something right out the box. My new nexus came with 5 out of the box and I might have upgraded to 5.1.1 or it was that right out the box, I cannot remember. They say I will get marshmallow next week.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Interesting list of all the phones thats getting it officially over at Androidpit

For the rest, there is always DIY.

I only want it on my Moto G3 (2015) for one reason - SD card support, using SD card as internal memory. No more moving of pics and so on.