Apple drops iPad 2 for iPad 4

xera

Expert Member
Dropped? You mean discontinued. Now say what you mean!

-1 for misleading mybb articles.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Finally. What were they thinking in the first place keeping the iPad2 at $400? Who in their right minds would have bought that vs the Mini Retina?

icyrus

Executive Member
Finally. What were they thinking in the first place keeping the iPad2 at $400? Who in their right minds would have bought that vs the Mini Retina?
Not consumers, schools and companies using it for automation and POS systems.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Not consumers, schools and companies using it for automation and point of sales.
Yeah I gathered that was basically the reason for them keeping it. Schools especially prefer to have consistent hardware if they adopt a new system. Still stupid - I'd feel guilty about overcharging the school system for outdated tech.

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Yeah I gathered that was basically the reason for them keeping it. Schools especially prefer to have consistent hardware if they adopt a new system. Still stupid - I'd feel guilty about overcharging the school system for outdated tech.
Could be worse- they could have kept the iPad 3 alive.

Also- wouldn't the iPad 4 simply be called the iPad, especially with the other models already differentiated?

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Apple killed the iPad3 as soon as they could, it's the reason they released the fourth gen iPad so early.
Exactly. The iPad 2 was not the worst thing in the world... I'd feel worse charging money for the iPad 3.