Apple reveals iPhone 11

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Apple reveals iPhone 11

Apple has launched its new iPhone 11 smartphone, which boasts an overhauled design and powerful camera system.

The new device sports a dual-lens camera on the rear and retains the notched front display present on previous-generation devices.

neoprema

Expert Member
Wow such an awesome device, the keynote is amazing.

Just so sad the Core Group is going to stuff it up locally with their useless pricing and fake Apple warranties...

JimM

Expert Member
IP68 is not truly waterproof, try taking the device back under warranty!

There is nothing in the spec that sets me alight, I mean 64GB on the entry level with no chance to add a memory card! Even entry level Android phones come with 128GB like the P30 Lite. The camera on the P30 Lite walks all over the iPhone 11. The screen resolution on the P30 Lite puts the iPhone 11 to shame! The Huawei P30 Lite is also a third of the price!! So, IP68 (that will not be supported by warranty) and faster LTE just isn't worth becoming an Apple boy!

neoprema

Expert Member
IP68 is not truly waterproof, try taking the device back under warranty!

There is nothing in the spec that sets me alight, I mean 64GB on the entry level with no chance to add a memory card! Even entry level Android phones come with 128GB like the P30 Lite. The camera on the P30 Lite walks all over the iPhone 11. The screen resolution on the P30 Lite puts the iPhone 11 to shame! The Huawei P30 Lite is also a third of the price!! So, IP68 (that will not be supported by warranty) and faster LTE just isn't worth becoming an Apple boy!
Lol I find Hauwei phones nice to use to see what a sub-standard device is like :p
The iPhone hardware, OS and store environment leave those things behind like they're in the dark ages.

JimM

Expert Member
Lol I find Hauwei phones nice to use to see what a sub-standard device is like :p
The iPhone hardware, OS and store environment leave those things behind like they're in the dark ages.
I'm taking it that you have never had the chance to see inside of one of Apples pieces of Chinese junk?

The Huawei build quality wins no contest against Apple! The Apple iOS that Apple boys get excited about is Linux based just like Android!

Spares quality for Apple products is also way behind that of any other brand!

By the way, I've been hands-on with cellular devices since 1992 in the good old analogue days and I know no one technical in the industry who has an Apple device! One old colleague even referred to iPhone's as "garden shed build quality" which is probably spot on.

airborne

Executive Member
Lol I find Hauwei phones nice to use to see what a sub-standard device is like
I got an iOS device recently after not having one for 6yrs... The OS in comparison to Android feels like having your controlling and neurotic nanny looking over you all the time.

IOS is slowly catching up to Android in terms of useability and being customisable but still a way to go.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Didn't think this was worthy of a new thread but I thought this was great:

Apple's iPhone 11 Pro 'triggering' fear of holes

Excuse the extreme SJWness of the BBC. I for one like small holes.

Apple did not think of us that have TRYPOPHOBIA when making the iphone 11 pro. I cant buy it and be itchy all over every damn time I look at it.
How dare they not consider their privilege before designing this device? I can't wait to see Apple grovel at sufferer's feet. I hope nobody has a phobia of grovelling!

neoprema

Expert Member
I'm taking it that you have never had the chance to see inside of one of Apples pieces of Chinese junk?

The Huawei build quality wins no contest against Apple! The Apple iOS that Apple boys get excited about is Linux based just like Android!

Spares quality for Apple products is also way behind that of any other brand!

By the way, I've been hands-on with cellular devices since 1992 in the good old analogue days and I know no one technical in the industry who has an Apple device! One old colleague even referred to iPhone's as "garden shed build quality" which is probably spot on.
Yeah, so i've been around a bit myself and ... we're NOT excited about your Linux based OS because iOS is based on MacOS which was built off a BSD kernel and NextStep. BSD supersedes Linux by a mile and while similar in some aspects and still a *nix operating system, iOS is not "apple boys getting excited about Linux" in as much as BMW boys aren't excited about a Dacia, even though they both have a combustion engine.

Spares quality is behind because Apple does not want repairs of their devices by anyone. Some like this, some don't. For one I do prefer it and i've had no issues when I've broken an iPhone and had it repaired properly.

Your comment about garden shed build quality is misplaced, perhaps the technicians you know are the ones mixing up CDR's, breaking billing systems or causing the downtime in Oracle CRM's at the big telco's i've worked at :)